FS: Warmoth/Fender Telecaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Warmoth/Fender Telecaster

I may regret it down the line, but I'm putting the telecaster I got from Scott_F a few months ago up for sale. It's a combination of an MIM Fender body in agave blue, Warmoth maple/maple neck (22 frets, standard Warmoth profile, satin finish), Duncan Alnico II Pro pickups in the neck and bridge and an unidentified strat pickup in the middle. The guitar sounds fantastic, clear tele in the three main positions and a pretty good strat impression in the notch spots.

My only gripe with the guitar is that the neck is a little thin for me. I'm so used to my strat's thick neck, and my hands are also pretty large, so after extended playing time on this neck my hand will cramp up some. That's just preference though, I know many who love Warmoth's standard profile. I'm selling just because no matter how much I love hearing the tone of single coils, I've decided I'm a humbucker person where playing is concerned.

As Scott told me when I bought it, it's definitely been played. There are a few dings you'll be able to see in the pics, but it still looks great. The neck is in great condition, and the guitar plays and stays in tune very well. I swapped the black pearl guard that came on it for a Warmoth white pearl guard, but I'll stick the black one in the gig bag. I'm asking $300 shipped for starters. I'm not really interested in trades, this will go towards my Christmas shopping. Feel free to ask me questions or request specific pictures.

Last edited by FretFire; 11-26-2006, 02:06 AM.
    After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Re: FS: Warmoth/Fender Telecaster

Very nice. Reminds me of the mid '90's Tele Plus Deluxes.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Are those fingerprints near the input jack on the top of the guitar or is the paint bubbling? Also is the neck width at the nut 1 3/4" or 1 5/8"? Lastly anyone know if one could get a Warmoth decal from Warmoth?

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
        Are those fingerprints near the input jack on the top of the guitar or is the paint bubbling? Also is the neck width at the nut 1 3/4" or 1 5/8"? Lastly anyone know if one could get a Warmoth decal from Warmoth?
        Actually it looks like someone might have touched the body with a soldering iron there. There's a knick in the paint and then what looks like a little bit of smearing to the paint. You can't feel anything but the ding so I'm not sure what happened. Perhaps Scott can chime in if he sees this thread. I'll try to get a better shot of it for you.

I'm not positive on nut width, I'll measure it this afternoon when I get back up to Albuquerque. As for the logos, I know you can at least order these.

Comment

I think I'm interested. PayPal ok?

Comment

Originally posted by big_black View Post
            I think I'm interested. PayPal ok?
            PM sent.

Comment

Were you ever able to measure the nut? If not it's ok it looks like you have a buyer already.

Comment

The nut width is 1 5/8".

Comment

Still available as far as I know, did you get my PM big_black?

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by McLaughysSN View Post
                      PM sent
                      Replied.

Comment

Looks like this is sold pending payment, thanks all.

Comment

Working...
                        X