Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 PRS McCarty Brazilian Limited Edition

well,

i thought i had a line on someone who could mod this guitar to make it my dream machine - but even he talked me out of it (wouldve been some $$$ work for him) ... so it is back on the market

it has an indian rosewood neck and brazilian rosewood fingerboard and peghead overlay ... vintage style non locking tuners ... afaik, the McBLEs are the only way (short of private stock / artist package) to get a McCarty with a quilted maple 10-top (all the other McC 10s are flame maple) ... it has the wide fat neck carve (very comfy to me and SERIOUSLY easy to play) ... McC thickness body ... one piece gold/nickel hybrid wrap-around bridge .. stock McC pups (brushed covers) ... tone pot push/pull for coil split ... pink heart abalone birds ... only 500 made - this is #17 ... has schaller strap lock buttons installed, but the originals are included if you like them better ... it comes with a control cavity cover signed by PRS and numbered (but that one is not installed - installed one is plain) ... all case cndy included - totally collectors quality - recently detailed top to bottom so she shines with only a very few of the most faint pick swirls (even was able to get out a coupla tiny scuff marks on the back) ... set up perfectly with a set of elixir nanoweb 9-42's ... more pics to come and more available if you think you need them ...

let's start the conversation at $3000 and see where it goes - i'm a flexible guy so if you are interested, let's have a conversation ... will only accept certified bank checks or USPS money orders ... will accept personal check if you are willing to wait until it clears .. no paypal / credit cards / etc ... i'll pay for shipping / insurance to the USA ... international offers will be considered, but i will not fraud any documentation and shipping costs will be extra and i reserve the right to bail if the hassles are prohibitive ...

this is a gorgeous guitar that plays like a dream and has 'that' sound that lotsa guys dig ...

look forward to hearing from you
    cheers,

t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Re: 2003 PRS McCarty Brazilian Limited Edition

Would you be interested in my eternal soul?

Good luck with the sale!
    Myspace,GoodbyeJune Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by beggar_guitar View Post
      Would you be interested in my eternal soul?
      that's usually trade bait reserved for Zerb

but if it comes with an alder body/maple neck with maple board/stainless steel medium jumbo frets/'EJ' style carve (rolled edges) strat with a piezo bridge and roland GK controller and a set of SD classic strat+ pickups and about ~$1000, sure, i'll take the soul

gear list in profile

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

On a more serious note, I should be crying right now because that, sir, is very nearly the mother of all guitars for me, and I don't have the money.

Comment

Beautiful axe. Am I to take it that the co-payment on Begger's soul is how you wanted to mod the machine? If it is, I'd agree that it would be an unfair ordeal to put such a beauty through...

Comment

That guitar sure does look familiar.

Comment

yeah, sumita - it was gonna get a roland GK controller and piezo bridge and some new pups

yeah jolly - it was scott's ... he passed on the buyback .. does deep blue sea have a future home in TN?
              gear list in profile

Comment

She sure is a beauty. If you remember, Tone, I almost pulled the trigger on that myself. lol Somebody needs to snap this up.

Comment

Working...
                X