banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

    What is it about PAF sounding pickups do you like?

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

      What would you like to do with your career that you have not yet accomplished?

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

        Originally posted by JohnJohn
        And btw - thank you for taking time to sit down one on one with your fans like this.
        All of us appreciate the artists taking the time as well as Evan and all at Duncan for giving us this opportunity.
        Thank you for YOUR support. It's definitely appreciated.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

          Hey Blues,

          Thanks for all the funky music!

          One aspect of your playing/soloing that a lot of people appreciate is that it moves, grooves and swings... the note choices, the feel... it's all there.

          What advice would you give to someone who is trying to incorporate these aspects to their playing?

          Thanks!

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

            Originally posted by wjombat View Post
            What is it about PAF sounding pickups do you like?
            It's simple. The reason I tend to go towards a PAF is they sound the most natural and the least false. If you have a good guitar sound and it sounds good clean, I let the amps do the work. Because I use the volume pot and let the amps do the work, it's important for me to start with a good clean sound.

            Originally posted by wjombat View Post
            What would you like to do with your career that you have not yet accomplished?
            Date Miley Cyrus! No, not really.

            I'd like to get my career to the point where I can pick and choose all the artists and talent I work with. There are a lot of artists out there that I could learn from.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

              Originally posted by Blues Saraceno View Post
              There are a lot of artists out there that I could learn from.
              OK. So who is the artist you would most like to work with?

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

                Originally posted by erikm5150 View Post
                Hey Blues,

                Thanks for all the funky music!

                One aspect of your playing/soloing that a lot of people appreciate is that it moves, grooves and swings... the note choices, the feel... it's all there.

                What advice would you give to someone who is trying to incorporate these aspects to their playing?

                Thanks!
                Absorb it all as an overview, not lick-by-lick or piece-by-piece. My problem with a lot of current artists is that they don't have their own thing going on and how excited can I get about that?

                What impresses me the most is having an identifiable sound. I am very un-excited by people who are great at the execution, but don't have their own sound.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

                  Thanks for talking with us. I am going to yield the floor to some other folks.
                  Colby

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

                    Originally posted by wjombat View Post
                    OK. So who is the artist you would most like to work with?
                    Toss up between Rick Rubin and Quentin Tarantino.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

                      Originally posted by wjombat View Post
                      Thanks for talking with us. I am going to yield the floor to some other folks.
                      Colby
                      That's fine.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

                        Blues...when you are working with a Marshall amp, do you have a favorite model that you use? Old school Plexi or 800 or something more modern. It seems that most great guitarists always talk about "this one amp", and it was either lost, stolen or something.
                        My Sound Clips

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

                          Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                          Blues...when you are working with a Marshall amp, do you have a favorite model that you use? Old school Plexi or 800 or something more modern. It seems that most great guitarists always talk about "this one amp", and it was either lost, stolen or something.
                          The Marshalls I favor are always the four-input old school Plexis.

                          The only amp that's irreplaceable for me is the very first original Dirty Boy that my dad built for me on the kitchen table. With guitars and amps, I'm very particular. It's like people, you meet a lot in your life, but you'll only be friends with a few of them. When I find something I really like, I try not to get rid of it.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

                            Blues, first of all, thanks for spending time with us. Second, you're one of the longest continuous signature Seymour Duncan artists. And correct me if I'm wrong, but on your end, your relationship with us is your longest. What is it about Seymour Duncan that works for you?
                            Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                            Sales and marketing reps for D'Addario, Musopia, Reunion Blues, Q-Parts, and Nukleus Pickups.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

                              Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                              Blues, first of all, thanks for spending time with us. Second, you're one of the longest continuous signature Seymour Duncan artists. And correct me if I'm wrong, but on your end, your relationship with us is your longest. What is it about Seymour Duncan that works for you?
                              At the end of the day, all my guitars sound better with a Duncan pickup. They just do. I don't know why or how. But they do.

                              A buddy of mine is a gear dude and he has every pickup under the sun. But I don't know why, but the Duncan stuff just works for me. For me, it's about the tone.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

                                hey blues
                                no question from me, just a quick thank you for stoppin by our little corner of the web and for all the great music over the years .. i first heard you at a clinic here outside of baltimore, md about 20 yrs ago and was immediately convinced that you 'had it' - not just a flash in the pan, market-packaged phenom ... glad things have gone well for you

                                cheers
                                t4d
                                gear list in profile

                                "no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

                                Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X