UGD - Photos and Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UGD - Photos and Impressions

Hi Cathy!!! Welcome to the (or should I say your) board!!

Comment

Hi Cathy. It was nice to seeing you at UGD. Also, it was a quite exprience to see Atomic Punks with a CEO right next to me at 12:30 am saturday.

Thanks for UGD. It was awesome!
      "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

brisk, that is a killer pic of billy

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
          What's up with that for the avatar? A non-sexual crush?

Comment

welcome cathy - thrilled to have you here
            cheers
            t4d
            gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

thanks for the welcome. I've gotta tell you again how honored I was to have you all here. The factory day was wonderful (even if the President's and CEO office tour almost closed due to lack of customers. But i didnt take it personally...). The dinner and Jam was great! Sorry to have missed getting up at 7am for the Saturday breaksfast, but I had much more fun showing Robb and Pilar's wonderful kids the bat barn, boneyard and other fun stuff on the ranch. Then to top it off, that famous cowboy star (you know hte one with the hat...) visited and told me our caves were 'fat as ticks'.

So thanks again so much and lets do it again!

lastly, Wayne, our most excellent Engineer and house photographer has individual shots of everyone who played Friday night, plus other great ones. He is still organizing them, but will post soon. (soon as we let him off his important work here)

Comment

• Impressions:

Let me tell you all...

Unbeknownst to me, not 50 feet from where I was mixing the UGD Jam CD recording is WHERE said BATS ^ live - probably MILLIONS of them, and probably VAMPIRE bats too. One night while working I heard about 1,000 Coyotes sqealing & laughing - probably just kidnapped a small child from the ranch next door - scared the sh*t out of me - I thought dead indians were coming out their graves. It was my brave 6 year-old who woke up & said "those are just coyotes dad - don't be scared". I gave myself a new indian name after that: "Robb withoutballs"

In all seriousness (I'm just kidding ^):

Staying with you Cathy - as you already know - was one of the most memorable times we'v ever had, and as a family will be never forgotten. Thank you, so very much. We're coming back. I have a GREAT shot of you & everyone on the quad. It's going in the mail as soon as the kids finisih their things for you.

SD Forum people: A most amazingly gracious human being, this Cathy Carter Duncan, and a wonderful friend. Lets hope she's around often!

okay - I gotta get back to work - later

Oh! Might as well tell you guys too (and not just my brutha from anutha mutha Evan) : Kat Dyson will be playing w/ Peace Machine on tour this Summer! 100% a result of UGD! Thank You! She is one of the most talented, amazing musicians I have ver seen or played with - and I've palyed with the best, and we get on great musically. It's because of YOU that Peace Machine is FAST becoming one of the most requested, played and reviewed / interviewed bands on the internet (among a great many others too) , and soon in trades, and now KAT. It all started here. My gratitude is beyond measure folks. Thanks - from whatever good in me makes me me.

Robb
                Last edited by GoMano; 05-10-2005, 09:06 PM.

Comment

not as killer as that artsy-fartsy artist rendering of him passed out on a binge that we saw in that art studio!

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I got better one

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
                      not as killer as that artsy-fartsy artist rendering of him passed out on a binge that we saw in that art studio!
                      Here's yours

Comment

great news about Kat, Robb

the level of playing overall was consisitently great, but I thought Kat's singing raised the level of the jam. Plus, she brought on the FUNK!!!

haha ... I looked around, and I know jeremy was gettin' his groove on with "Use Me". And everyone else, too.
                        "music heals"
                        facebook

Comment

It took me awhile to get these pictures up, but here's all the shots of Seymour getting his guitar, snapped one after the next! Also, enjoy the pics I just took at the LA Amp Show. Here's a giant pic of Seymour reading the headstock!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Hey Cathy, Welcome to the board. I was going to take your advice and try to sweet talk MJ for the A2 magnet (hey you said she was easy, not me! ) But in the excitement of it all I forgot. Which brings me to a question on page who knows what....when will we be able to buy SD parts? Magnets, screws etc.

Luke
                            “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Hi, Cathy. My family had so much fun at your ranch. I can autogragh a cowboy hat for you if want. HA Ha

Tyler
                              WHAT DO I KNOW, I'M JUST A HICK THAT DOESN'T KNOW BETTER

G&L ASAT Legacy
                              '78 Super Reverb CPR8 Mods
                              Spina Modded DOD Classic Tube
                              Takamine limited
                              79 Electra les paul w/Stagmag neck Custom StagMag bridge
                              Warmoth w/ Seth Lovers
                              Ibanez JTK1
                              and lots of projects

Comment

Hey guys...Dawn here...I would like to set up a page for the Forumcaster with a little story about how it came about & the effort you all put into making the project come to life...since I didn't get any completed pictures of my own I would like to request permission to use some pictures from the UGD thread. I did get the great pic from Evan but I would like to use some of the presentation ones as well. Thanks in advance! Please e-mail me personally if you don't want your shots used...

Comment

Working...
                                X