This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Well 7. It's Partytime with Rev. Gearjoneser

Have you ever performed in a frilly white pirate shirt?
    No. I was never one of those Renaissance cokk rockers. Always cool like Joe Perry, not stupid like Steve Perry. Well....maybe I've had some regrettable fashion choices, but luckily that was pre digital camera era!!! LOL

How long do you thank it will take PRS to shake the unfortunate nu-metal association? -will they ever get to that point where they are considered truly iconic and 'cool' like Gibson and fender?
    As soon as you and I get famous playing PRS Soapbar guitars! The company is great, but unfortunately, they rose to fame in an era of crap guitar players, and because PRS's sound tight and articulate with downtuning, the cookie monster guitar players latched on. PRS should have denied them any guitars, and given them only to lead players.

Any good stories from your days at Guitar Center? -what was the best and worst playing you ever heard while working there?
    I remember Jake E Lee and his bassist from Badlands bringing in armfulls of endorsement guitars and trading them for classic guitars. I would have done the same. They were trading like 10 BC Riches for 1 60's strat or Alembic bass.

The best playing I heard there was in 89, when Paul Gilbert was newly famous from winning the Best Guitarist in LA, and also showcasing with Racer X.
    I was one of the guitar salesmen that hung out with him and got him setup for the clinic. I was about 19, and he was probably 21, and his playing was like something from another planet...sitting 5 feet in front of him.

Name some amps you'd like to get hold of if money was no object.
    Fargen VOS, 65 Amps London, Komet 60, Matchless King Cobra, Soldano Avenger, Handwired Vox AC-30

If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
    Invisibility, with the ability to be visible at any time. I just recently saw League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, with Sean Connery. It's a GREAT movie, and I can't believe I missed it till now. It's about super powers, and invisibility proves to be a great one.

I generally find that if someone says they are more into amps than guitars I'm more likely to enjoy their playing. Does this hold true for you?
    If you consider that guitars are what you feel, while amps are what you hear, then it makes sense that the amp is vital. Stevie Ray could have used one guitar, but he had a bunch of amps from Fenders to Marshalls, to Dumbles.

Ever come across a squirter?\
    Yeah. Too bad they didn't evolve that way completely. It'd be much more interesting!

Do you have any party pieces you can whip out on guitar to impress civilians? examples: Eruption, Sesame street theme, playing showtunes while farting the melody...
    I have a routine that's always fun at guitar stores. I make sure I've got a gain and clean channel first. Then say "I'm now going to play every song forbidden at Guitar Center. I do a medley of Eruption, Sweet Home Alabama, Teen Spirit, Master of Puppets, House of the Rising Sun, Back in Black, Stairway to Heaven, Sad But True, the a bunch of sweep arpeggios, a big descending scale, then an A chord, and put the guitar down.

One time I learned how to play Master of Puppets with every other note above the fretboard, and every other note played under the fretboard. I stole it from Michael Angelo. I can always entertain Metallica fans with that one!

I usually play blues, country, and slide licks when I'm checking out gear though. I try not to let the geeky 80's stuff come out too much! LOL

and what's your favorite flavour of potato chip?
    All of them. Regular, Salt/Vinegar, and BBQ.

What is the prettiest type of chord? So not "E-Major" for example, just "Major." Or "Sus4." Or whatever the prettiest chord is to you (hopefully not major).

I can't. It's an ancient white trash secret.
    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 11-19-2007, 01:20 AM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Dude...what kind of a ******** are you?

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        Dude...what kind of a ******** are you?
        The best. A baby's arm holding an apple!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
          I'm sorry about that. I think Ratherdashing ended his a few days short, and passed me the torch. Instead of waiting till Sunday, I jumped the gun.

Hey, but at least you've got a host that's on top of all the questions!
          No no, no 'problem' with that, just being curious!

Is there a single event in your life, where you felt you learned something very important from, which you also think others can benefit of learning from too?
          My Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
            Is there a single event in your life, where you felt you learned something very important from, which you also think others can benefit of learning from too?
            I think everyone who was born into the advantaged life of having 2 parents, food on the table, and stability in a 1st world country should spend some time in an environment where they're visiting immigrant families or truly impoverished areas. I think everyone needs to see what it's like to live at ground level in a 3rd world country where they're not worried about owning luxuries, they just need to eat.

I also think everyone should have to do hard menial labor, like being a maid, carpet cleaner, stable sweeper, assembly line, or fast food. Then, by the time they're in a better position, they'll never forget what's it's like to eat crap and take crap from the general public or a stupid boss.
            Last edited by Gearjoneser; 11-18-2007, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I've appreciated your tenure as well host, and I'd like to thank you. Ive been very impressed with you, and every host so far.
              How is the baton passed? Is it the hosts descision? Im loooking forward to a few froum members here , some of the original guys , getting a turn on the hotseat.
              Its been a lot of fun reading the Q&A's!

Comment

-Favorite juice?

-Sausage or bacon?

-If there was one guitar company that you could wipe off the map, what would it be?

-What is the toughest thing you've ever had to do in life?

-If your life was like the movie 'Groundhog Day', what day would you choose to have to live over and over again?

-Have you ever had a moment in life where you truly believed you were about to die? If so, what thoughts raced through your head?

-If you could own any pet, what would it be?

(sorry if any of these were already asked before)
                DayGlo

Comment

-Sausage or bacon?
                  Bacon, cooked crispy.

-If there was one guitar company that you could wipe off the map, what would it be?
                  Esteban! Anything with a plywood fretboard painted black has got to go!!!

-What is the toughest thing you've ever had to do in life?
                  Put the coolest woman I've met in my life on a plane, because the only way for her to legally live here is to start a legal process, beginning with a passport/visa from her country. So for a year or 3, I've got to get screwed by my own country for money, trying to get them to allow her a visa. All the while I'm helping to support her, and can't claim it on tax returns. Plus, I'm considered single, and I'm in a high tax bracket because of being single with no children. So, for awhile, all my expendable income will be paying for this ordeal......immigration fees, high taxes, and wiring her money.

-If your life was like the movie 'Groundhog Day', what day would you choose to have to live over and over again?
                  So funny you brought up Groundhog's Day, because February 2nd is my Birthday. I am a groundhog.

If I could live any day over and over, it'd probably be the time I played an outdoor concert in the California desert, where every decadent thing that could be done was done, and after mingling all day, I got up and played one of my best shows. That was around 98-99.

-Have you ever had a moment in life where you truly believed you were about to die? If so, what thoughts raced through your head?

I was having an argument with a crazy ex girlfriend, while she was speeding on the freeway, and she lost her mind and swerved across 4 lanes, skidding a 180 towards the edge of the freeway. We jumped her Honda off the freeway, and landed on the parallel road running alongside the fwy....popping a couple tires. I couldn't believe what she'd just done, almost killing us both and ruining the suspension on her car.
                  I jumped out, and screamed "that's IT, I'm am #$%% done with you!!!"
                  And that was that. I ran away and found a cab. What made it even crazier is that there was a cake bouncing around in the car, and I had cake frosting all over me. I'm out trying to find a cab, wiping frosting off myself.

-If you could own any pet, what would it be?
                  None. I'm finished with pets. I raised a cat for 16 years, and had a dog when I was a kid. I'm sick of feeding them, figuring out what to do for vacations, and most of all having all that hair and claws around my nice toys.
                  I like animals from afar, but really dont want to live with them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                    What made it even crazier is that there was a cake bouncing around in the car, and I had cake frosting all over me. I'm out trying to find a cab, wiping frosting off myself.

I'm sorry.

I'm sure it wasn't the least bit funny at the time, but picturing that is just too hilarious. OMFG.
                    DayGlo

Comment

Have you ever cross dressed? If so, what was the occasion?

Comment

Originally posted by 3'scompany View Post

I'm sorry.

I'm sure it wasn't the least bit funny at the time, but picturing that is just too hilarious. OMFG.
                        Now that you mention it..

Comment

Originally posted by 3'scompany View Post

I'm sorry.

It was crazy. One second, I've got a drunk PMS'ing woman screaming at the top of her voice....next thing I know, we're doing a sideways skid 70 mph across all lanes of traffic in the freeway. Then we smash over the edge of the freeway, bounce a few times going down the embankment, and end up landing on the small parallel road. I see that the tires are popped, said my piece, then wandered up the road to a car dealership, wiping frosting off my shirt and hair, just to look up a cab at the dealership. The salesmen were like "what happened to you?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny R View Post
                            Have you ever cross dressed? If so, what was the occasion?
                            The Well

It puts the lotion in the basket. It does what it's told!

Comment

what's the fugliest guitar ever made?
                              hindsight being 20/20, in 89', would you have packed your gear and headed for seattle?
                              Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                              Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Which chick in Saved by the Bell would you screw? There's one right answer, and two wrong ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X