X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theodie
    Guest replied
    Re: X is the number of the well, hell and fire was spawned to be released

What is the funniest Duncan moment you have ever witnessed.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
    does this look like a band that i should be playing after? i can certainly tell you that it does not. if i hadnt put $200 in my pocket i woulda had to cause a ruckus

that pic doesnt do justice to what they looked like two years ago. there was no black at all and lots of colors

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

Would you rather jam with Fillmore-era Allmans or ZZ Top?

What is your favourite metal band?

Now that the honeymoon period is over, are you vibing with the Alnico Blue?
    ive met billy gibbons twice that i can recall and he was great both times.

i would kill someone to jam with the fillmore era allmans.

i was a huge pantera fan. metallica thru justice was great.

i love the alnico blue, hands down it is my favorite guitar speaker. the alnico gold on the other hand is a great speaker but it is not a 50w blue. in my deluxe reverb i prefer a g12h or cannabis rex over the gold. i wouldnt suggest paying the normal retail price for a gold, its not worth it. if you can get it at a really good price it is a good speaker

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

Originally posted by JumpMarine View Post
    Will you ever shave the monkey?

Your favorite guitar, amp, fx currently owned?

Seller's remorse on your gear?
    Buyer's remorse on new gear?
    What's your dream job?
    Worst job ever?
    ill trim the monkey but shaving anything is a pain in the ass that i try not to subject myself to.

favorite guitar and amp is hard. with my celtic tweed deluxe my esquire is magic, so simple but so responsive. with my deluxe reverb a strat or my washburn sg type thing are perfect. with what i call my tye-dye amp, which is the celtic tweed bandmaster that has a tye-dye t shirt for a grill cloth is killer with my brown oversized tele w/ buckers. im building a new guitar and a new trainwreck express type amp and im hoping that pair will also make it to the favorite list.

favorite fx is probably my barber ltd running at 18v or rotosphere. im not a very big fx guy even though i have a bunch of pedals laying around.

there are plenty of things that i have had and liked but let go. an ibanez rg550 and artist, a few les pauls, a few sg's, few strats and tele's, one mockingbird. some marshalls and other cool amps too. but overall i still have way to much gear and im 90% happy with all of it and its very usable for what i do now. the ibanez and jcm 800 halfstack was a killer rig but i wouldnt use it much now.

i should know better than to buy any more les pauls. i never keep them. the only gibson i currently have is a modern special with a 496r and phat cat bridge which i paid $200 for with a case. i dont really regret any of them cause i always got more than what i paid for the stuff when i flipped it.

dream job? id like to play music with people i enjoy hanging out with and make good music with for 6 months of the year. the other 6 id like to build and work on guitars on my time. ideally i would make everything on the guitar (tuners, bridge, pups etc...) and a perfect amp to go with it.

worst job? no more gorilla retail

Leave a comment:

• Hot _Grits
    replied

-Any advice for dissuading a kitten from using a futon for toilet?

-I don't think I've ever seen any photos of your rigs. Show and tell.

-what musical projects are you currently involved in?

-what do you consider to be the superior self defense aid: a cheescake or a marrow?

-I remember listening to the user group day jam and really liking your stuff. You're a fingerstyle guy, right? -nails or calluses?

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

Originally posted by KGMESSIER View Post
    Would you post a few screen shots of some of the admin screens none of us has access to? I just want to see what they look like.
    dream on boston boy

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

What is your most embarrasing moment?
    hmm... i dont really get embarased much. im sure it was sometime when i was out with my gf and she was being an out of control *****

Do you enjoy the nightlife?
    yes i do. i lived like a vampire for a while. passing out after the sun came up and not leaving the house till the sun went down unless i had and actually went to class or work. i dont like packed crowded dance clubs but a loud rock and roll bar is fine as is a quiet dive as long as they have a decent beer on tap, a bottle of jack daniels and a bottle of sambuca.

How health conscious are you?
    sorta, kinda, not really. i dont exercise. i am not sedentary but i dont actively seek out physical activitys. i dont eat fast food, love vegetables and fruits, and love to cook. i eat very well. more than i should most definitly but i typically dont use lots of salt or fats when cooking. really like toxiclly spicey foods.

What happened the last time you got truly angry?
    i swatted a large very nice crystal vase full of flowers off a coffee table smashing it into a million pieces.

What's goin' down for Christmas?
    christmas eve is with my gf's family, sunday will start at my parents house with the rents, sis and gf then to a family friends house then to my uncles house to meet up with the rest of the family that lives in driving distance
    means lots of driving but its always nice to see all these people

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

Originally posted by BigAlTheBird View Post
    What were the thoughts running through your head when you gave Mr. Duncan the forum designed Tele (that preceded me)?

Pretty darn cool.
    where is scott? thats what i was wondering. i thought he was gonna come up with me and be my co-presenter. id met seymour before and hes a great guy and people dont make me nervous. i also had in the back of my mind that i never cranked the pups up to the strings as close as i wanted.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

Originally posted by JustWendell View Post
    *nerd round*

Any tips for beard growing?
    stop shaving, thats basically all i did. once it gets big then shampoo it once a week or when ever there seems to be a lot of crap collecting in it. cause it will collect crap.

If you could have one super power what would it be?
    id like to be able to move at the speed of light. seems like that would make almost anything pretty doable.

Who your favorite super hero or super villian?
    hmmm... always liked batman. a little crazy but cool toys and a good heart

Who is your favorite character from a book/movie/tv?
    ill say screwtape

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

Originally posted by MrHeavyMetal View Post
    what are your favorite cigars, bourbons, scotchs, and tequila ?

if you had my Slash Mockingbird, Marshall plexi and rat pedal, what is some of the heavy music you would play ?
    these are a few of my favorite things

i always com back to the fuente don carlos rubusto. not cheap but not outrageous. since the smoking ban it is much less often that i can sit down relax with a good cigar and enjoy it so when i can i usually just go for what i like and know i will enjoy. during the summer and early spring i usually try a few new things that look good at the shop i go to http://www.edleez.com/ but as soon as it hints at getting cold its back to the rubusto.

i love jack daniels. if i go out there is a 99% chance that i will have some jack daniels either shots or drinks. single barrel is great and if anyone wants to send me christmas presents, thats a good one
    for kentucky bourbons i like bookers. dont like jim beam, but makers mark, knob creek, bakers, grandad all work fine. even wild turkey will do in a pinch.

i love single malt scotch like it love guitars so i can find something to like about most of them. the bottle i just finished today was balvenie new wood 17 year. nice and fairly simple.

id rather let you poke me in the eye than drink a shot of takillya. but if you are a real pain then id prefer patron or something good. jose is not my friend but i suppose its better than sauza.

my metal riffage is way out of shape. its been in decline for 10 years but i would hit some g'nr then some jeff beck cause of the rat and whammy, then some master era metallica. maybe some old life of agony, always loved plexiglass gate. maybe some ozzy too

Leave a comment:

• Rainmaker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
    When you got rear-ended, did it ring your Bell?
    nah, more like this half

theres a couple nice scratches on my helmet and on my glasses but my face was ok. full face is for sissys

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

Originally posted by B2D View Post
    What's the worst concert you've ever been to?

What's the BEST concert you've ever been to?
    best concert was a mid 90's govt mule show someplace in mass. i was living in hartford, i borrowed my friend johns jeep drove to the show in some crappy club, got hammered and watched a killer rock show. hippie chicks, lots of cheap booze, and loud rocking music. mule back then was three guys pouring out the goods.

the worst concert was this band hector on stilts. we were booked to play a show at a cool club in troy. three bands each gets 75 minute set, decent pay, done by midnight. we've done shows before with this arrangement but usually the other bands were more blues type stuff. this one was a "rock" show or atleast thats what i was told. we are going on last but we show up early enough to load in and preset what ever made sense. free beer of course. show starts an hour late. first band sucks in the way i expected them to, modern emo influenced crap. musicians werent that great and the music they we playing was bad on top of being a style of music i dont particularly like. free beer.
    the second band was hector on stilts, and they raised the bar for sucking. they created a vacuum that pulled anything good in and destroyed it or at least didnt let it out for us. i dont even know how to describe them, the gangley singer guy was wearing a pink feather boa and playing a casio keyboard singing with a flock of seaguls voice. it was both visually and aurally appauling but boy was he into it. the rest of the band was no better. at 12:30 when they were still playing we got our full pay, had more drinks, loaded up the gear and left.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
    So if you were going to see 2 drunks play a hole in the wall bar in Troy, would you run sound for the night? Heehee!!!!!

OK serious ?

You got a Tweak Fuzz? If so do you like it?
    you know i would! im a sucker for drunks who like rock & roll and hole in the wall bars

as far as the tweak fuzz, i dont have one. ive really only played with one twice in any real situation. once was into a fender vibroking and it sucked. the amp was too much for the room so it was set squeeky clean and the tweakfuzz was grating and harsh. the other time was thru a 1x12 marshall jubilee combo and i liked it, much more usable. going into an overdriven amp smoothed out the tone nicely.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

Originally posted by Skarekrough View Post
    Are there Gnomes in your beard?
    well the beard is actually gone. there were never any gnomes as far as i know but plenty of jokes about birds living in it ala peter griffen, minus the droppings

Originally posted by tubeman87 View Post
    How long have you had the beard and is there anything living in it currently?
    i only had the BIG beard for maybe two years. hair down to you ass and a beard to your nipples is a lot of hair to deal with.

gf hated the freaking thing. hated it. she wasnt working so i said im growing it till she got a job. took her a while so i just kept growin it and it got big quick in the avatar pic it was only around six months old

Leave a comment:

Working...
X