X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hardline According To... The Golden Boy- The Well Part XXII

Originally posted by BigAlTheBird View Post
    Still work at the VA Hospital? How's that going? Btw, hit me up one of these weekends. I'm afraid of calling cause I know your wife doesn't take too kindly too it after 'the incident,' but give me a ring if you ever get 5 minutes.

Or should I be telling Keith this...?

I guess it doesn't really matter in the end.
    Yup, still at the VA. It's a great job, it's one of those things that you're able to help people- so I feel like I make a difference. That's always nice.

I still have your number- but this weekend would probably be bad for a call.
    *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
    Originally posted by Slash2987
    Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
    Originally posted by PVFan
    I'm a good sex man.
    Originally posted by Grumpy
    I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
      did you reclaim the pink throne?
      No.

And I think the garbage guys dropped it- there's a big pile of ceramic stuff with little shards of pink porcelain out in the road.
      Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
      I'm a good sex man.

Comment

Originally posted by LSP View Post
        Question for the Golden Boy, which, by the rules, he has to answer. What is the incident Bi Gal refers to? Spare no details. Did he hit on the mrs.?
        I honestly don't remember... he should probably remind me!
        I'm a good sex man.

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
          ...or did he hit on YOU!?!???
          Andrew has standards...
          I'm a good sex man.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
            Cool ,thanks for that.My guess is you'll get a bit of a surprise when you get a good look at " the coils".I opened up one 3 decades ago.I'm curious if yours is made the same way.

Give me a few minutes...
            I'm a good sex man.

Comment

If you were to recommend one single artist or band, what would that be?

Can you elaborate on an experience you've had, that you think others can learn from as well?

Thanks.
              My Soundclick

Comment

Cool ,thanks for that.My guess is you'll get a bit of a surprise when you get a good look at " the coils".I opened up one 3 decades ago.I'm curious if yours is made the same way.
                I'm a good sex man.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Horse View Post
                  LOL I first read communist.

Porsche or Mersedes or Ferrari or Lamborghini ?
                  I recognize the coolness of a sportscar. However, these days I prefer functionality in a vehicle.

So if you're talking about a Porsche or Mercedes- one of their smaller SUV type things would be cool. If you just want to go with a European-ish vehicle, I like those Volvo Cross Country wagons.

I've gotta have room to haul stuff!!!
                  I'm a good sex man.

Comment

I actually took it apart. The pole pieces you can see between the the two coils actually didn't go 'into the coils. They sat between what was two individual pickups[humbucker setup]sitting in the cradle, with the pole pieces keeping them in place.Each pickup had 6 individual pole magnets in them.

The one in the foreground is one of them.
                    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

• Re: The Hardline According To... The Golden Boy- The Well Part XXII

Originally posted by LSP View Post
                      Question for the Golden Boy, which, by the rules, he has to answer. What is the incident Bi Gal refers to? Spare no details. Did he hit on the mrs.?
                      Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
                      I honestly don't remember... he should probably remind me!
                      A certain illustrious member of the Duncan forums called Dave up one day, and gave him his usual 'colloquial' hello when "Dave" answered the phone. Only it wasn't Dave at all, it was Dave's wife. She heard the 'hello,' was most likely stunned, and told Dave that his silly friends couldn't call ever again.

Or something like that. Feel free to clear up any inaccuracies if you remember what I'm talking about, Golden.

Yup, still at the VA. It's a great job, it's one of those things that you're able to help people- so I feel like I make a difference. That's always nice.

I still have your number- but this weekend would probably be bad for a call.
                      Like I said, whenever you want/have time. You've got a family, i.e. you're a whole lot busier than me. So if you never call I'll understand.

Won't stop the tears though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
                        If you were to recommend one single artist or band, what would that be?
                        I've lately taken a liking to Alvin Youngblood Hart. He's awesome.
                        Can you elaborate on an experience you've had, that you think others can learn from as well?
                        Man, every post of mine is an absolute gem. Either what to do, or what not to do.

How about this- I lent a guitar to a "friend."

This is what I got back.

There's a lot of learning right there.

Thanks.

You're welcome!!!
                        I'm a good sex man.

Comment

I actually took it apart. The pole pieces you can see between the the two coils actually didn't go 'into the coils. They sat between what was two individual pickups[humbucker setup]sitting in the cradle, with the pole pieces keeping them in place.Each pickup had 6 individual pole magnets in them.

The one in the foreground is one of them.
                          That's interesting. How old was the pickup you took apart? Are the pickups mounted sideways? (so that one of the sides is facing "up" the other "down?"

It's goofy that it's a unique pickup in and of itself, not just taking 2 P-90s or something like that.
                          I'm a good sex man.

Comment

Starbuck from the old Battlestar Galactica. Brown suede means "outer space."
                            Amen! If I believed in sigs, ths would be it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlTheBird View Post
                              A certain illustrious member of the Duncan forums called Dave up one day, and gave him his usual 'colloquial' hello when "Dave" answered the phone. Only it wasn't Dave at all, it was Dave's wife. She heard the 'hello,' was most likely stunned, and told Dave that his silly friends couldn't call ever again.

Or something like that. Feel free to clear up any inaccuracies if you remember what I'm talking about, Golden.

Like I said, whenever you want/have time. You've got a family, i.e. you're a whole lot busier than me. So if you never call I'll understand.
                              Are you talking about when a certain illustrious member called and talked to our son?

That was awesome, from all accounts.

Generally, my wife only gets upset when people call late.

Won't stop the tears though.
                              I'm a good sex man.

Comment

So I am starting a tribute band that only plays TP and the Heartneakers and Cheap Trick songs called Cheap and Petty - wanna play bass? heehee

How far are you from Jefferson the home of Happy Days?

Steve Jones or Mick Jones?

Mariachi or Flamenco?

EB-O or Thunderbird?

Enquiring minds want to know!!!!

Terence Trent D'Arby can kiss my butt!
                                Last edited by Wattage; 04-02-2008, 05:29 PM.
                                My Bands -
                                https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                                www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                                www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                                GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                                X