banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XLII - What have we gotten ourselves into...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XLII - What have we gotten ourselves into...

Originally posted by B2D View Post
    People love to hate on the following artists... what do YOU think of them?

Yngwie

John Mayer

Coldplay

Jack Johnson

Seeing Yngwie with The Ripper on vocals this weekend! Yngwie is a ****** and is a total one trick point, but I'll be ****ed if he doesn't put on a GREAT show and write some killer tunes!

John Mayer is one talented dude. He can write songs 10x catchier than any of us could ever dream of, and still has killer chops and feeling.

I'm torn on these guys... they seem like a more generic, modern U2 to me, and I hate U2. That said, they write some pretty good songs, and I like the singer's voice for some odd reason.

I absolutely hate Jack Johnson. All his songs sound the same. It's just "let's chill and get stoned on the beach" music, to me... I don't smoke weed and I don't like the beach all that much, so it makes sense I don't like JJ.

Originally posted by Rich_T View Post
    When you coming over here then? Let us know. I'll go and hide somewhere.
    I'll be in London from Dec 26th-Jan 2nd. If you're hiding, I'll guess I'll have a pint by myself.
    www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

I've got one day left and then I'm passing it on! Get those last minute questions in!
      www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Most of us on here are too young to have Bucket Lists, but what's on yours?

When's a good weekend for me to head up to Ventura so we can have fun recording my Bogner? I'm pretty busy for the rest of this month so it might have to wait a bit...

Are rock and metal dying or are they hear to stay?

What will the MUSIC industry and the state of music be like in 50 years?

If you had a time machine and the opportunity to go to one date/location in the future, and one date/location in the past, where and WHEN would you go?

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
          I have no clue what a skin pounder is, and thus will not answer the question!
          IIRC it's slang for a drummer.

Comment

If you could have one super power what would it be?

Who is your favorite character you read about or saw?

Who is your favorite character you know?

What would you say your greatest musical discovery has been that is directly related to this forum?

Aside from being +/- 400 miles away, what is your excuse for not going to see Opeth last night with Krankguitarist and me?

Comment

I'll be in London from Dec 26th-Jan 2nd. If you're hiding, I'll guess I'll have a pint by myself.
              I'm sure I can find some time to make it to London. Man, haven't been there in years.
              "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by KGMESSIER
                How does a sixteen-year-old afford such great music and recording equipment?
                Now come on, I think he's justified himself enough times on this one already. Those were some of the most heated threads in forum history if I remember correctly.
                "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Now come on, I think he's justified himself enough times on this one already. Those were some of the most heated threads in forum history if I remember correctly.
                  Oh crap, I totally missed those threads. Honestly. No offense intended. I'll graciously remove my post.

Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                  I am just jug the merlot

Comment

In his defense, Keith has never been anything less than a standup guy to me, and I know he didn't mean it in a rude way.

That said, I'm 2 months shy of 18, sir!

For the past three summers, I've worked 40hr weeks in a paid internship at a local engineering firm. 10 weeks per summer x 3 summers x 40 hours... it adds up.

Before that, it was all scrounging up whatever money I could get (lunch money... pffft... more like gear allowance in tiny increments!) and buying/selling to get new gear.

I also record bands on the side and have done some mixing/mastering/writing work for some guys on the Sneap forum, which helps out quite a bit during the school year, when I'm not working as much.

Originally posted by JustWendell View Post
                    If you could have one super power what would it be?

Who is your favorite character you read about or saw?

Who is your favorite character you know?

What would you say your greatest musical discovery has been that is directly related to this forum?

Aside from being +/- 400 miles away, what is your excuse for not going to see Opeth last night with Krankguitarist and me?
                    Super power: I've thought about this a lot... I'd like to have the ability to teleport, in all honesty. Even if it was just limited to a place I could see, that'd be epic as hell! I could teleport to a nearby mountain, look around for a landmark close to where I need to be, teleport there, etc, etc... Or hell, just buy an iPhone and use google's satellite view to get to places!

Favorite character... hmm that's a toughie. In all honesty I'm thoroughly fascinated by Satan in Milton's Paradise Lost - I'd have to say him, I think.

Favorite in person would be my buddy Stephen... he's off at UCONN for college now, so I don't get to see him, but that kid is freaking hilarious. Everything he does is just completely off the wall and ridiculous, but he's a genius, so it all works out.

Forum-related music discovery... I think I found out about Guthrie Govan on here, and that guy is an absolute god!

I didn't even see Opeth last night down in LA because I had play rehearsal for my school's fall production of Much Ado About Nothing. I'm Leonato... basically a jolly old dude who goes ape-crap on his daughter only to come out super happy again.

Most of us on here are too young to have Bucket Lists, but what's on yours?

When's a good weekend for me to head up to Ventura so we can have fun recording my Bogner? I'm pretty busy for the rest of this month so it might have to wait a bit...

Are rock and metal dying or are they hear to stay?

What will the MUSIC industry and the state of music be like in 50 years?

If you had a time machine and the opportunity to go to one date/location in the future, and one date/location in the past, where and WHEN would you go?
                    Bucket list: the nasty in a public place, parachuting, and backpacking across Europe, I'd say.

In two weeks, I have from the 18th-26th off of school. Any of those weekends. After that, it'd have to wait until late November or so. I'm just way too busy with my senior year and that **** play!

Metals here to stay for sure, man! No question about that.

Music industry... I dunno. I honestly have no clue. I hope to GOD there's still some kind of physical medium on which to store music. I'll steal music before I pay for a digital file, in all honesty. Big record companies will probably still be around (as much as people hate to admit it, they're necessary, even in this DIY day-and-age), but they probably won't have the monopoly they do now.

Date/place in future/past... Oh god. Probably year 0BC/AD in the Middle-East or in 325AD to Rome to see just what the hell went into the whole Jesus story/compiling of the Bible. In the future, as of right now, I'd go to wherever I'm living in 2055, just to check up on myself and see how I'm doing right around the time of retirement.
                    www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

What's first the first song you learned how to play?

Comment

Not a question, but a thank-you for the ideas and advice you gave me while setting up my music studio, Jeff! You're a very cool guy all around.

- Keith
                        Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                        I am just jug the merlot

Comment

What's first the first song you learned how to play?
                          Dammit by Blink-182! Still really like that song, in all honesty.

Keith, no problem at all! Hit me up on AIM anytime if you have any further questions.
                          www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Dammit by Blink-182! Still really like that song, in all honesty.

Keith, no problem at all! Hit me up on AIM anytime if you have any further questions.
                            LOL wow.

What would rather have happen to you...

Try very hard in an area you want to "make it in" and fail

OR

Be very successful in an area that you couldn't care less about?

Comment

Oh jesus... I don't even want to think about the first.

If the second would allow me to do what I want on the side or retire early, I'd be fine with it. Otherwise... no go!
                              www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Still thinking about getting a Strat? I know you have occasional Strat Jones.

side query: Describe your ultimate strat, if there is one.

Comment

Working...
                                X