X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CXXIII: Arkitkt - Hard Hat Area

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    asleep and dreaming
    could do or be anything money is no object neither is common sense or the laws of physics ( and of course the Shania Rule )
    go

ever eat
    an oyster
    a booger
    a grasshopper

three persons living or dead you'd like to have a 5 min conversation with and why
    - I've always been a big fan of science fiction, so I would want to be an astronaut on a ship that's not bound by Einstein's physics. I would love to see what's out there.

- Yes,
    Yes, and
    No.

What can I say?

- 1. Thomas Jefferson: I admire the "Renaissance Man" thing and find the combination of politician, philosopher, inventor and architect fascinating.
    2. My paternal grandfather: He was killed in an anti-tank mine explosion in 1944, close to Korsun in what is now Ukraine, fighting in Hitler's army. From what I was told, he was an interesting man. Wish I had known him.
    3. My daughter Nina, who died from cancer in 07. No explanation needed, I think.

Comment

Do you contemplate what a grape nut is?

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
        Do you contemplate what a grape nut is?
        I'm starting to believe that you are one.

Comment

Do you like sauerkraut?

Do you prefer the way of life in Germany or in the U.S.?
          Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
            Do you like sauerkraut?

Do you prefer the way of life in Germany or in the U.S.?
            - Yes, I do. My mom makes the best sauerkraut ever.

- There's no clear cut answer to that. There are some elements of life that are better here, others are better there. I miss the Autobahn, I miss the food, I miss my family vs.I love how friendly the folks are over here.. The rest is mostly political, so I can't discuss it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkitkt View Post
              I'm starting to believe that you are one.

hehe i am hey. thanks for playing along i was asking the question in this song.

Comment

are you a strat or gibson or some other type of guitar guy. you prefer the marshall or fender sound.
                Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
                  are you a strat or gibson or some other type of guitar guy. you prefer the marshall or fender sound.
                  I'm very much a Strat-guy. My first electric guitar was a Japanese strat knockoff and I've never looked back. I played a few Gibsons and tried to like them, but to me they just don't feel right. Don't get me wrong, some Les Pauls are beautiful, but they're just not for me.

When it comes to amps, I really don't have a preference. I've never owned either a Fender or a Marshall amp, but I like the sound of both.

Comment

Have you ever read any books by Kurt Vonnegut? If so, which is your favorite?

Do you ever use tremolo ... not the vibrato arm on a Strat, but the actual amplitude modulation the effect?

Do you enjoy any outdoor activities/hobbies?
                    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                      Have you ever read any books by Kurt Vonnegut? If so, which is your favorite?

Do you ever use tremolo ... not the vibrato arm on a Strat, but the actual amplitude modulation the effect?

Do you enjoy any outdoor activities/hobbies?
                      - I have not. Always wanted to read "Slaughterhouse 5", but never got around to it.
                      - Occasionally. i have a patch set up on my POD with vibrato that I use every now and then.
                      - Very much. I will run my 8th 1/2 marathon in about 4 weeks (although my training is currently impeded by record snow in southern VA. I also enjoy backpacking with my son. We're planning a 2 weeks section hike on the AT this summer.

Comment

you're sitting on death row, and your time has come. you're given the last meal of your choice. what do you choose to eat and drink
                        Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                        Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
                          you're sitting on death row, and your time has come. you're given the last meal of your choice. what do you choose to eat and drink
                          Easy: Schnitzel with onions, peppers and mushroom gravy, mixed salad and fries, followed by German cheesecake, all made by my mom. To drink: 2 bottles of Weihenstephan Hefeweizen and a Glenlivet afterwards.

I'd die a happy man.

Comment

I think this thread has officially run its course.

If anyone is interested in hosting a well, please PM me.

Thanks for the questions.

Comment

Working...
                            X