Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent!!!
    12 bar bebop is very addictive!
    If only I could convince some folks around here to do a prog rock instrumental thing I'd be in heaven!!!

Was lucky enough to ask my guitar teach about figuring out by ear when I was 14 because that's what he was doing.

He gave me the 'figure out by ear starter kit' and it went from there which was basically listen til you hear an open E chord and tune 6th string to it. Tune the other strings to the low E. Then it was all trial and error!

First solo by ear: Pink Floyd Money solo. It was slow enough and it took me at least 3 months!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldfart_Shredman View Post
      Excellent!!!
      12 bar bebop is very addictive!
      If only I could convince some folks around here to do a prog rock instrumental thing I'd be in heaven!!!

Was lucky enough to ask my guitar teach about figuring out by ear when I was 14 because that's what he was doing.

He gave me the 'figure out by ear starter kit' and it went from there which was basically listen til you hear an open E chord and tune 6th string to it. Tune the other strings to the low E. Then it was all trial and error!

First solo by ear: Pink Floyd Money solo. It was slow enough and it took me at least 3 months!
      You had a good teacher. I was once told that I could never play guitar because I didn't have a musical ear. But I don't pretend to be world famous, I just wanted to learn to play for myself. I found a lot of tutorials for beginners on the https://writemyessay.nyc website and started learning on my own, I don't know, I seem to be getting a little good at it. Also, I heard that an amateur guitarist can do without any problems without any musical ear. You can tune a guitar properly with a tuner, otherwise, unless you improvise and compose music, playing guitar is all about technique and a sense of rhythm.
      Sometimes I think the myths about how you can't play guitar without an ear or talent are invented by those who don't want to put in the effort. After all, it's so great to dream, but not to fulfill the dream because it's not destiny!..! So tragic!
      Last edited by geraldwkoonce; 06-28-2022, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X