Evil piano playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil piano playing

ok dont take this too serioulsy. my timings awful. i quit piano playing for over a year and i've only just started to pick it back up

everything here is original, i have the scores to prove it (its random parts from pieces i write but cant play all too well)

tell me how bad it is
    Stop trying to be the phantom...
    0%
    learn how to play before you try.
    10.00%
    well at least you tried.
    50.00%
    all 3 :)
    40.00%
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Re: Evil piano playing

oops missed the link piano shred attempt, near the bottom
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

I played piano for like a year then quit and am now playing again too? I love to write on the piano. Your playing was just fine. I love hearing pieces like that... I've written one or two that sound kind of like yours... I think you could put together a cool song with some piano like that and a reverb-y guitar...

Comment

are you asking yourself a question there man?

lol

thanks i'll try out some piano and guitar stuff, i had one really weird piece with drop C guitars and piano arpeggios but i dunno where that went,
        My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

Me gusta mucho.

Comment

Originally posted by nuntius
            are you asking yourself a question there man?

lol

thanks i'll try out some piano and guitar stuff, i had one really weird piece with drop C guitars and piano arpeggios but i dunno where that went,
            Hehe. Yeah, I keep putting question marks at the end of sentences for no reason... I don't really know why and I've got to cut it out.

Comment

i thought it sounded great. if i was that good i would incorperate piano lines into all my songs.
              Down at the edge, close by a river.
              Close to the edge, round by the corner.
              Close to the end, down by the corner.
              Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

thanks man

i would but my timings really crap and i cant cope very well with intrecit (no idea how to spell that word lol) bass parts.

basically each hand on their own i can handle. but my coordination for both at once is pretty poor
                My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

Speaking as a panist of several years myself, I would have to say thats really impressive work for only a year. Piano is the best instrument to write music with in my opinion. Only hard part is writing music on piano, then playing the same tune on guitar(well, only if your like me and know nothing about guitar theory yet)
                  Im still determined to write my own guitar version to Phantom of the Opera. I love that song so much, it was the first song I ever played at a live concert.
                  Keep playing that piano man, I can tell you have tallent.
                  Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Comment

thanks

yeah i think piano is the best to write on, i write quite a few solo's now on piano then transcribe them to guitar so i get out of the "comfort box" (of scales) and "standard licks" that i over use
                    My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

Ah nice stuff man.....you almost make me wish that I should have learned more piano as well.
                      It is a great instrument.

Comment

Hey nuntius; I just got a chance to listen to this. That was great. Especially if you've only been playing a year. Makes me want to take lessons.

BTW - this is cool to play on WinAmp, with the spectrum display thingy going.
                        The little colored bars follow along with your fingers -

Comment

yeah i get what you mean. i dont like the sound of the piano without it sometimes (the pedal) as it sounds really dry, but i do over do it

thanks
                          My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

Ok After reading this thread it makes me really wanna take back up piano, I used to play when i was like ten, I was ok but didnt really have any interest, You guys know any good books i could mabye try, alos i have never really tried learing to read music so books on that would help too..

And that clip was sweet.. Some kick ass playing !!
                            Marshall JVM 410C
                            Mesa Boogie DC-3
                            ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
                            1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
                            2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
                            2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
                            1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
                            2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
                            1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Awesome...the end sounded a little sloppy in some parts - but it was great. I'm keeping that bookmarked!

Comment

Working...
                              X