Ocifer? Condenser Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocifer? Condenser Question

Ocifer- I read some great recording/mic posts by you and thought maybe you could help (though input from others is very welcome, too):

I have a Shure SM57, which I like, but am also interested in a condenser mic. I've read up a little on a few mics and have had my eye on the Shure KSM27 ($300), but saw that you recommended AKG for condensers. You seem to know your stuff, so, for the price, do you think the Shure is a good choice or would I be better off with an AKG in the same price range (C3000)? Thanks.
    I have guitars and amps.

Re: Ocifer? Condenser Question

I've not tried that Shure you stated, so I can't give you an opinion of it. If i were you, I would look on Harmony Central for some reviews of it ( www.harmony-central.com ).

Having said that, I assume that the Shure mic you're looking to get will be just fine. I like AKG's because I've had good experiences with them (my friend has a few in his home studio, and they are great). However, there's no reason not to get the Shure seeing as they make quality products.

Your best bet is to read some reviews from people who've tried the Shure....

Happy Recording

Comment

Re: Ocifer? Condenser Question

The Harmony-Central reviews are actually a big part of why I wanted the Shure. Excellent reviews. Thanks!
      I have guitars and amps.

Comment

Working...
      X