I Think I Feel Better Now . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think I Feel Better Now . . .

. . . the latest project I'm working on. Its just one of those simple, turn on the drum machine, lay down a simple rythm track, improvise a lead or two.

All guitar parts were my 59/59 Peavey Predator, which runs into a DBX-163, into a splitter, one leg into a Yamaha FX-500, the other leg into a J-Station.
    Both channels of both of those feed into a Tascam mixing board, then into my soundcard.

Rythm part: 59 bridge
    leads: 59 neck

Mixed down with Adobe Audition, mastered with iZotope Ozone.

Tell me what you think. (No stinkin' SoundClick) Just right-click, save-as:

(A normal 128 kbps mp3, and a "hi-fi" version for those with high-speed access.)

I Think I feel Better Now (128 bps)

I Think I feel Better Now (320 bps)
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 07-09-2004, 08:47 PM.

Re: I Think I Feel Better Now . . .

I thought that was Awesome Artie. Real soothing track. Thats quite an interesting tone in my opinion aswell, What kind of settings did you use to get that tone?
    Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Comment

Thanks Panzer . . . glad you liked it.

Its kinda hard to describe "the settings". I use just a smidgen of compression - just enough to "fit" the guitar into the electronics. The J-Station is set on its "acoustic" sound, with a little of my own tweaking. The FX-500 is set on a mild distortion sound thats too much on its own. Both units are stereo, so they take up 4 inputs on my mixer. I then, just blend the right amount of both units to get the "tone" I want.

Its one of those classic cases where technology helps to compensate for talent.

Works for me.

Edit: BTW - I downloaded my own song to "test" it. There's definitely something lost in the mp3 process. These 59's have a "richness" that just didn't quite make it into the recording. I could hear it on the master - but its not quite there on the mp3.

Edit: Hmmm, ". . . thats too much on its own." I can't edit that sentence 'cause I don't even know what I was trying to say.
      heh - now I remember, the distortion of the FX-500 is a bit too strong, so I dilute it with some of the dry J-Station acoustic signal.
      Last edited by ArtieToo; 07-10-2004, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Still sounds great to me, Although I have heard 59's in the music store, and you are right about the rich tone they push out. 59s always remind me of drinking a nice creamy milkshake.
        Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Comment

That is really cool. The guitar almost sounds like a keyboard at times! I enjoyed it.
          MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

wow, that sounds really cool. i need to learn how to do that
            The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Comment

That sounded good!!! I like the lead melody very much, and it has like a "Sweet Jane" vibe in rythm.... Great!!

I already have a 59 neck and i am waiting for the maching bridge to replace a JB. I can't wait..

Comment

Aw I like that Artie.
                Defently had the 60's thing to the melody and phrasings.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                  That was superb, mate - and you were saying you couldn't play!!

There's a really smooth naturalness to it.

I hope the idea of the recurring theme hasn't been missed by anyone.

It creates an identity to the piece - when it's finished you still want to whistle it.

You and me are the same age and I don't know who's influence it was but we seem to have been influenced by the same people.

Maybe it was just that late 60' early 70's vibe that we retain.

If ever I do get to Florida - I'd love to meet up for a jam session.

Lee
                  Thanks Lee, and everyone else. (I'll put the brews on ice.)
                  I'm never sure how one of these simple pieces will be recieved, so its great to hear positive comments.

The way this came together was, I did the drum/rythm part as usual, then I wasn't sure whether to do a clean lead, or one with a little effects/distortion, so I did both. I didn't like the first one, so I did another. When I first played it back, I let all three play, and it just became what it was.

I left the clean lead in the center, and panned the two dirty ones left and right.

Thanks again all.

Comment

wow thats kinda spacey with headphones on!

i like it - very cool and smooth sounding
                    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
                    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

I wanna play this in my car and drive around on a nice day and watch everyone go about doing their business: people walking dogs, kids rollerskating, a guy just strollin' by, people mowing their lawns, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X