tips for hand positioning??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips for hand positioning??

hey guys...i know ive run into some bad habbits with my technique and i know my hand positioninon on my left hand isnt the greatest and im not sure if im using a good picking techique....so i was wonder if u guys could help me with techniques for both hands and pictures would be great too thanks

Re: tips for hand positioning??

Mmmmph...

There are some rock solid rules if your are playing classical guitar. They want your left hand thumb locked down on the lower half of the neck, so your grimey paws can reach more of the neck.

Personally, that hurt, so I went for the Blues Guy approach, grab that thing like a rabid wildcat, in whatever fashion works best for yah.

And, some speed metal maniac taught me the "correct" technique for picking too. Grab the pick with thumb and forefinger as far down on the pick as you can get, leaving only the tiniest bit of pick exposed. Anchor your wrist on the strings right near the bridge for muting, or on the bridge/ directly above it if not.

But ahh, that turned out to be horseshyte too... Best off just find a way to play that's comfortable, AND allows you to mute/not mute the strings as you play.

GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Working...
    X