Your Finest Moment [Recordings]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Finest Moment [Recordings]

Hey all, I thought of a new idea for a thread. I've not been here long, so if someone's already done it, sorry, but here goes:

Everybody post what they think is the best recording they've done, and explain what you really like about it. And PLEASE try to pick ONLY one.

Okay, here's mine. This is one I recorded for an improv competition from MX forums. A member called Darkane provided the backing track and people posted their takes on it. This one was my improv. There's actually a line in there that I liked and thought would be cool to harmonise, so I did that, but other than that, all in ONE take.

The one thing that makes me proud of this is that it was improvised, and I liked the tone from my Vox Tonelab alot (I had just gotten it).

Here If that one doesn't let you, paste it into a new window or try my Soundclick below:

It's the one called MX JAM - Feb Improv - Reggae

Re: Your Finest Moment [Recordings]

I always liked that track man. First day I came here because I heard there were some good musicians, and That was one of the first tracks I heard.
    Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Comment

Here's my crap:

"Longest Day" is a ripoff of MegaD. Actually, it's pretty much note for note. It's incomplete, however. Much like everything in my life.

I'm fairly happy with it, tho, and that's because I was able to pull off the rapid fire lead part, and the rapid fire rhythm which is actually faster than the MegaD version, since I could not find drums to get theirs, so I had to go to a faster tempo. Mainly, I just like hearing Patton say, "we're going to hold them by the nose... and kick 'em in the a**."
      Last edited by JammerMatt; 07-14-2004, 11:08 PM.
      Originally posted by Scott_F
      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

I only have 2 clips that are ready for prime time, and they can be found at http://www.twilight-odyssey.com/music.html.

Many of you have heard them already ... If I had to choose which one I prefer, it would be "Gettysburg". Why? It has a great vibe, sick vocal parts, and some pretty good guitar solos. Or, as one reviewer put it: "Extraordinary material here, with old school glory ... we've got shredding guitars, we've got interplay between [band members]; we've even got some explosions."
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

OK, let's sloooooooooooow down the pace now I'm very impressed by your level of playing TwilightOdyssey and JammerMatt. Speed is one thing I'll never have, I don't even try to increase my speed anymore.

I recently made a solo for a jam on this forum, and I really think that to this day, I've never nailed the style and the tone of a backing track better. I'm really satisfied with this one. Warning: Major tempo change. Buckle your seatbelt, or you'll hit your head on the dash .

Here it is, if you haven't heard it yet:

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
          Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

TO,

I agree w/ Gettysburg. Those first few bars of the vocals are great. I'll have to check out Sly D at lunch.
            Originally posted by Scott_F
            On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

I find that the level of playing on these forums are so good that people my level are left feeling really inferior.

But that only means more practise, which means more progress!

Mmm... soon my soundclick page will be "authorized"... I've got a few things there.

Btw, Twilight those two songs ROCK!
              Originally posted by Kanye West
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker
                I find that the level of playing on these forums are so good that people my level are left feeling really inferior.
                But that only means more practise, which means more progress!
                Mmm... soon my soundclick page will be "authorized"... I've got a few things there.

Btw, Twilight those two songs ROCK!
                Yeah, I love hearing stuff that inspires me to sit down and woodshed. The other guitarist in the band positively shreds; he's new and isn't on those clips ... but, I'm always inspired and pushed to new heights playing with that guy!!

Thanks, Rainmaker! I appreciate the compliment!!
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer
                  I always liked that track man. First day I came here because I heard there were some good musicians, and That was one of the first tracks I heard.
                  Hey thanks man. Twilight, I'm listening to Gettysburg now... I really like it... damn good.

I hope more people post, I've heard some really good recordings here. I forget who it was but they posted their version of a Dokken solo and it was so well done...

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_D
                    OK, let's sloooooooooooow down the pace now I'm very impressed by your level of playing TwilightOdyssey and JammerMatt. Speed is one thing I'll never have, I don't even try to increase my speed anymore.

I recently made a solo for a jam on this forum, and I really think that to this day, I've never nailed the style and the tone of a backing track better. I'm really satisfied with this one. Warning: Major tempo change. Buckle your seatbelt, or you'll hit your head on the dash .

Here it is, if you haven't heard it yet:

http://fileserv1.soundclick.com/fast...affslydjam.mp3
                    Nice... I remember this backing... have it saved somewhere on my PC... I loved it man... love that style of rock... I always think Rolling Stones or Sweet Home Alabama whenever I hear this backing track.

Comment

Rainmaker, it took me a while to have the balls to post something here... I think there's many different level of players in the forum. Some, like TO, are at a level I consider Pro. At first, you're intimidated, but when you realize you'll never be that good even if you'd practice a thousand years, then you decide to stick to your guns and play within the limit of your talent...

Well, at 16, you have plenty of time to improve. My talent is pretty much fixed (meaning I know what I CAN do and what I'll NEVER BE ABLE to do), although I still can see that the more I practice, the better I get, even at the ripe old age of 37

Comment

Life starts at 40 Sly!

You're too wise - so I decided to be brave and linked some recordings in another thread :P
                        Originally posted by Kanye West
                        Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_D
                          Rainmaker, it took me a while to have the balls to post something here... I think there's many different level of players in the forum. Some, like TO, are at a level I consider Pro. At first, you're intimidated, but when you realize you'll never be that good even if you'd practice a thousand years, then you decide to stick to your guns and play within the limit of your talent...

Well, at 16, you have plenty of time to improve. My talent is pretty much fixed (meaning I know what I CAN do and what I'll NEVER BE ABLE to do), although I still can see that the more I practice, the better I get, even at the ripe old age of 37
                          That's not the spirit! Anyone can improve at guitar... it just takes proper practice to be able to play difficult things. That, and time.

Comment

Well, thanks a lot Lee, you're really too kind, this is much appreciated.

Yet, I always sort of had an inferiority complexe towards shredders. I'm not fast in ANY aspects of my life. It's logcial I can't shred. I don't think I can be a great shredder, even with hours of pratice. If practice was all that matters, there would be millions of Steve Vai on the planet. There's only one though.

Many can shred, but not all. It doesn't mean I'm a bad palyer, I dont think so. But you have to admit certain limits sometimes. I never wanted to be the best player around. I just want to have the best fun around. And I do

Comment

Great clip Sly.....very soulful and rocking!

Comment

Working...
                              X