Question on chord names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on chord names

When it says G+7, does that mean g 7 with an augmented fifth or does it mean something else?
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Re: Question on chord names

that is a tricky one because, afaik, it is nonconventional notation .. i would try it as a G dominant 7 first ... it might mean an augmented 7th chord (with a raised 5) .. can you try both and figure it out from context?
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Yeah, I suppose. This one is Rainbow Connection. the G+7d flows well but it sounds weird, not in a bad way.

I'm using this as my audition peice to get into Jazz band.

Comment

whats the rainbow connection?
        http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
        >cord<
        1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by flank View Post
          whats the rainbow connection?
          it's a song by Kermit the Frog. It's a jazz swing piece.

Comment

great song. i thought everyone knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smilemon View Post
              great song. i thought everyone knew it.
              so did I.....

Comment

G+7 is a G7 with a raised 5th or G aug 7. But sometimes the notation is wrong. I was always taught that it was an augmented chord by my professors. But I've downloaded some chord progressions from internet web sites that have the same type of notation (G+7) but they actually meant G Maj 7.

This is usually a problem when the notation comes from a person that originated from outside the Unites States. I find it mostly in Brazilian music. So in that case you would have to listen to the song and try the chord to see if it fits.
                These horse pills really take the edge off! Take 4 of em and that yellow gateway over there opens for da wolfman! -- Carl, ATHF

Comment

Originally posted by Osensei View Post
                  G+7 is a G7 with a raised 5th or G aug 7. But sometimes the notation is wrong. I was always taught that it was an augmented chord by my professors. But I've downloaded some chord progressions from internet web sites that have the same type of notation (G+7) but they actually meant G Maj 7.

This is usually a problem when the notation comes from a person that originated from outside the Unites States. I find it mostly in Brazilian music. So in that case you would have to listen to the song and try the chord to see if it fits.
                  Thanks. You probably have the most informational posts one the forum. Anyway, it sounds right.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X