Who's up for some acoustic stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's up for some acoustic stuff?

Here's a little something that came about by accident. I had just gotten a new guitar and was playing around trying to get a good recorded sound. I ran through this straight off and when I played it back, it didn't sound too bad. So, I asked a cyber-buddy if he'd supply some vocals, which he did, along with a cool conga track. I thought, "Why not?" and added a couple electric parts at the end and voila!! Whole thing took about an hour to put together

My acoustic is a Taylor Big Baby, recorded into a J-Station with no modeling, just used it as a mic preamp. The two guitar bits at the end are my Oxblood Les Paul into a Trademark 10.

Hope you like it!

http://cyberjamarchive.com/jukeboxes..._beginning.mp3

Re: Who's up for some acoustic stuff?

Alf I always enjoy your stuff. I liked the clarity and tone of the acoustic. I always have trouble getting acoustic guitar recorded. Every time I hear one of your pieces I get the urge to do something. I have been really busy with work over the last month so time has been tight. I just got a new sound card for the computer today so I really want to try it out over the next week so keep your eyes open for something.
    Al

Comment

awsome bro, just awsome.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Thanks guys

Al, I want to hear more from that awesome custom amp you've got!

Comment

ALF I've been having another senior moment. Who did the original version, I keep thinking Steve Winwood but I just can't remember.
          Al

Comment

It was Emerson, Lake and Palmer. You don't hear much guitar stuff from them with the focus on Keith's synths, but Greg Lake was a great guitarist as well as an awesome bassist. The other song I want to do is "Still, You Turn Me On"

Comment

Agreed... love the tone too!
              Originally posted by Kanye West
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Working...
              X