No announcement yet.

Recording hardware/software problems..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording hardware/software problems..

I've been using sonar 4 for a while now. I used to have a 2-channel interface, a Tascam US 122, and everything worked just lovely.

I just recently gave my US122 to my sister so that we could trade recordings back and forth over the internets. Now, they don't make the 122 anymore, so I had to buy myself the upgraded, US144 to replace the unit I gave away.

I installed the driver, plugged it in, and windows XP recognized it just fine. Sonar ran tests to verify that it is compatible, and everything checked out. However, every time I start Sonar, I get an audio driver error. It says: The following drivers either do not support the current audio format, or are in use by another application. Then it lists my main soundcard and the two inputs of the us144.

Sure enough, the us144 is available in each track's input and output section, but I cannot select either channel. My soundcard isn't available anywhere.

My audio settings are 16 bits at 44100, as usual, and I have no other software running in the background. I've tried re-installing both sonar and the tascam drivers. I have unchecked an option in Sonar so that it should not share the drivers. This is driving me crazy, because I had everything set up and working beautifully before. WHAT IS GOING ON!?

Re: Recording hardware/software problems..

Are you using the latest drivers and firmware?
    and the latest update to Sonar 4?

[ LP Standard G0 ][ SG Standard R2 ]

Comment

Re: Recording hardware/software problems..

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Tell me honestly, was that a noob question?

Comment

Working...
      X