A few Strat clips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Strat clips.

The sections in order... first of all, a "B section" of a "Rhythm Changes" Jazz progression, with a little improvisation over them. Clean channel, Middle/Neck Position with tone and volume knobs all at 8

Secondly, Texas Flood, which I only learned 10 minutes before recording it, so take it easy on me.. Neck position.

Thirdly the intro to When by Opeth - Bridge/Middle position.

The solo to smoke on the water... really sloppy.. er.. I used the neck for most of it, but the bridge for a little bit..

Finally a thick, rock version of "Dear Mr Fantasy" using first the Neck/Middle, then Switching to the bridge for full rocking power.

EDIT: I added another tone example - the intro to unchained by Van Halen. I had no idea a bridge single coil could sound so heavy..
    Last edited by TimmyPage; 06-23-2007, 02:06 PM.
    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

Re: A few Strat clips.

Sounds pretty **** good to me, what kinda strat do you got?

My only advice, when doing the blues stuff put more feel into it.
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Great tone. I think the semi distorted tones are really quite nice, very vintage (like Blackmore) sounding. The clean notch positions are great too. Remind me, what amp are you using again?
      Fender Guitars ~ Marshall Amps ~ Seymour Duncan Pickups

Match Made in Heaven

Comment

Thanks.. Its a 2006 Hardtail Strat (all stock.. so far..) through a Traynor YCV50 Blue. All of the clips except the intro had the gain at 8.. It really cleans up in the notch positions though.

And as for the more feeling thing.. I had just learned that tune about 10 minutes before recording it, and I always get nervous when I record things, so I was playing everything slightly more clinical than usual..

Timmy - 1
        Andrew - None

Comment

Hello all.. i added another clip to the end of the recording.. heaviest tone I've ever heard from a strat.. weird..

Timmy - 1
          Andrew - None

Comment

Working...
          X