Mark IV / Palmer clips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark IV / Palmer clips!

So, my rents left the house for a little bit this morning, and I hooked up the new mark IV and let er rip.

This was done with my new mesa/boogie Mark IV and Palmer PDI-09. No microphones were harmed in the recording of this clip.

I had a bit more time to dial this one in than my last clip with the Palmer and the Krank. It could still use a little tweaking, but it sounds pretty **** good to me so far. The playing is pretty rough, as is the whole clip. But...Its just a clip .

This was done with my PRS McCarty with an A8 custom/59 hybrid in the bridge.

The drums need more mixing, I know. I'm tryin to hone my skills on one thing at a time here though. Otherwise...my head starts spinning.

:edit: Just updated it...Longer now. goes all the way through the first chorus. w00t.
    Last edited by krankguitarist; 06-23-2007, 05:11 PM.

Re: Mark IV / Palmer clips!

Sounds like Soundgarden.
    This space is for rent.

Comment

Sounds excelent
      1000 times better than the recto clips i heard!Descent cool riffing too!Cool stuff Dan!
      www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

I cant wait till I get the chance to layer the Mark IV and the Krank together...that weber attenuator can't come soon enough.

This one needs to be sped up a bit, and needs some major re-working on the drum parts.

But I'm really diggin how things are sounding with the PDI-09. That thing is a godsend.

Comment

Groovy!
          Originally posted by Kanye West
          Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

you reminded me why i want a mark iv so bad. thanks.!
            Guitars:
            Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:
            Peavey MX VTX, Bugera 333x Infinium

Pedals:
            AMT SS-11B

Comment

Hmm... I dig it a fair bit. Has a nice midrange squish to it, while still being way organic and not mushing out too much.

That said, and this could be a ton of different things... it's not quite as 'in-your-face' as I'd like, which seems to be fairly common with the Palmer clips I've heard. Maybe post processing will help?
              www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Zorran's clip has fairly similar tone, though its produced a whole lot better. The drums kick more, and thats a big part of the equation. That and he's got a bass in there filling out a bit more of the low end. Honestly, I think it has a whole lot more to do with the overall mix than the gat tone. My drums suck like hell. I got no bass guitar in there. Thats detracting a whole lot from what it could be IMO .

Its got a whole lot more punch to it than the POD did though. I'll say that.

Comment

Yeah, could just be the post-processing, then. I know I've gotten my POD gat's to punch like hell on my latest mixes.
                  www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

definitely nice. a lil' dry, but that's kind of like salt, a personal reverb taste thing.

probably the best combo will be these two tracks panned hard L and R, layered with two krank tracks (using the hairy palmer) panned not quite as far L and R.

Comment

Kinda reminded me of Zakk Wylde. Minus the pinch harmonics.

Comment

Ya know, you're probably not too far off on that one . This was piratically the first "heavy metal" song I ever wrote...And I was listening to a lot of BLS at the time.

I agree that it's a little dry. I'm gonna spend the next few days trying to re-work the drums a bit as well. My Weber attenuator should be coming in on wednesday too (w00t!!!), so I'll be able to start really exploring my new setup, and gettin some tracks down. I can't friggin wait.

Comment

Just updated the track...did a little more tooling around on the drums, and added bass. The bass sucks. But its there . And gives a little more body to the track.

I'm thinkin its sounding a tad bit groovier now. Still has a long ways to go, but closer.

Comment

Excellent stuff
                            i liekd it.
                            sound of the pickups are very aggressive.
                            Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                            Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                            Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                            Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                            Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                            Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                            Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                            Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
                              Hmm... I dig it a fair bit. Has a nice midrange squish to it, while still being way organic and not mushing out too much.

That said, and this could be a ton of different things... it's not quite as 'in-your-face' as I'd like, which seems to be fairly common with the Palmer clips I've heard. Maybe post processing will help?
                              not in your face enough?! tweak it!. it can sound like this:

or this:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12684 (chock out nitro battery)
                              Guitars:
                              Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:
                              Peavey MX VTX, Bugera 333x Infinium

Pedals:
                              AMT SS-11B

Comment

Working...
                              X