Acoustic Duet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic Duet

This is something i did with my guitar teacher a long time ago. its a little practise piece for acoustic picking. i usually play the right speaker part, but i worked out how to play his part and stuck it on the left speaker

i did a solo in the middle, i'll take it out if nobody likes it - its a nice tune but i wanted to try and make it more intresting

sorry about the very middy sounding acoustics i stupidly didnt realise the mids were up on my preamp

acoustic duet
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Re: Acoustic Duet

the solos done on my secret weapon

(squier strat) dont diss
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

Airy stuff man!!!
      Like this one alot...I am a sucker for such stuff.
      Nice sound on the Squier
      The sound on the acoustics are great, leave the mids up.

By the way I downloaded it to my playlist...great stuff man!!!
      Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 07-17-2004, 05:56 PM.

Comment

i actually love some of the tones i get out of that squier, its less in your face than my gordon smith which is kinda more suited to high gain. positions 2 and 4 are pretty crap with high gain its a bit muffled though

only problem is it has really poor sustain so i only tend to use it on recordings with some compression.

i think suits this track
        My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

That was wonderful! I love the solo. Really a great vibe - Keep it up!

Comment

thanks man
            My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

'Ave you heard his other stuff? Genius.
              Originally posted by Kanye West
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

my teacher says i have really good technique for my age

but he doesnt let me get away with anything - one bum note and its back to the start of a piece lol

but he says i need to be able to play all styles which i agree with, but it means i have to do some pretty hard jazz and country style stuff

atm he lets me improvise solos when we do them in lessons, but gives me pointers on where to lead things... he helped me get rid of my rock overvibrato and too many one finger slides by banning me from using them for a month in lessons.

he's hard on me but if your constantly praised you arent gonna get any better

that little sweep pick thing is pretty simple lee

it is -

12 11 - - - - - - - - - -
                - - - 12 10 - - - - - - -
                - - - - - - - 9 8 - - 8 9 8
                - - - - - - - - - - 9 - - -
                - - - - - - - - - 11 - - -
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

hmm if you can work out what that means good on you! coz i cant write tab.

i try n get bargains for gear really since i dont believe you need top of the line stuff whatsoever - past a certain point you just seem to pay for a name or a fancy finish

I got my RS ibe for 180, my RG for 240, my bass for 340 which i didnt wanna pay, but its patrick eggle and sounds amazing n felt better than anything that price by a mile so i got it.
                My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

Well young man, I was going to record something to post today but after hearing more of your stuff I think I will just move the furniture the wife wants moved . Thankfully I don't have to compete with you guys to make a living, I have a good paying day job . Actually I think I will make myself a margarita first, there are some benifits to being old.

Well done, I like the melodic nature of your solos.

Comment

thanks AL that means a lot. Its taken me about a year to get my solo's anywhere near melodic, since all i used to do was attempt to shred over everything... i've quit all that mad stuff and tried to make my solo's a bit more memorable and their getting better. I'm still no brian may, but hopefully one day some kid'll wanna be a Max
                    My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

seriously?

well brian may is one of my heros.

i didnt wanna sound like him, what i meant was to become a player of that kinda standard, coz to me all his solos are amazing, very melodic and memorable.
                      My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

Beautiful - I could listen to that all day.

Comment

Wow... I just listened to this... man! You are amazing nuntius! The quality of your recordings puts to shame people three times your age! Keep going bro, playing like that at 16 is just awesome! And I mean it.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
                          Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

thanks guys

im actually really surpised on the tone i eventually got out of that squier bridge pup, it took a while to stop it sounding thin but it makes a pretty nice alternative to my other main lead sound which woulda been too cutting for this tune
                            My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

Working...
                            X