Whose tunes do you love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whose tunes do you love?

All the contributions here in the Tips & Clips room are awesome, in my opinion, but who's songs do you like the best? Personally, everything I've heard from nuntius has been wicked. I also like Rid's stuff, and though they put out less then some other people, every time I hear from Al.C and A.L.F. I really like what they play. That's not to say I don't enjoy all the clips I download, but those guys were the first that came to mind.

Re: Whose tunes do you love?

Rid's awesome, he's got one of the coolest tones here
    so does marin - he hasnt posted any clips for a while though
    That Dudu (dimished D7th i think) is cool too, but i havent heard anything from him since the old forum
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Albert Lee fan, Stevo, Curly, and Biu.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Thanks DD I am pleased to hear you have liked some of my stuff. Being a bit older both in age and playing style (I only know how to shred paper at the office and the only sweeping I do is the garage once or twice a year) it is a little strange posting pieces. I never really know what people will think of them, especially with some of the great playing out there (ALF, Rid, Marin, Rob, Stevo, Jolly to name few that come to my head quickly- there are many others). I always feel kind of guilty when I listen to peoples clips and don't comment. To see a clip slowly drop down the page with no feedback is kind of sad. I make a point of NEVER posting negative comments (except once to tell Marin that he played too fast, for too long - envy speaking there ). Reality is though that we cover a lot of years and musical styles on this forum and not everything appeals to everyone and that is just the way it is. I am glad to see Lee over here more often lending encouragement to some of the younger guys. There is something to be said about the process of going out of your way and recording something, anything, and putting it out there for others to hear. Imagine if Neil Young never put anything on tape just because he can't play like Vai or EVH (we won't even get into his singing). But he makes great MUSIC.

Comment

I like Nuntius' clips a lot ... can't wait to see as the lad's playing continues to develop, he gets a full-time band, gets signed, and produces his debut album!
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

nuntius is the star of the forum because he's so good and young. I also like Rid's tone a lot. Stevo has a very unique tone and style also. Since I've not been here for a long time, I can't speak much of other posters. Poeple don't post much. TwilightOdyssey's playing is amazing for sure.

What I like about the forum is diversity... from acoustic up to stuff that makes you sh*t in your pants like WITH FULL DISTORTION . That's very cool.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
            Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I am most impressed by the younger guys here but I surley wont diss any of the older guys who can still take time to rock and post
              I have heard lots of good chops of many styles, rough stuff with character, and polished music that should be on the air. Thanks to everyone who keeps this board moving
              https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

Working...
              X