Clips of Squier strat blend wiring mod and upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clips of Squier strat blend wiring mod and upgrade

Well to make the story short, I did the wiring below to my strat (thanks ArtieToo for the much appreciated help!!), while upgrading the entire wiring, including the wires themselves, using the guitarfetish strat upgrade kit. I bought some wire from a place in Calgary called active electronics.

heres the clip of the wiring mod done

edit: new, easier to access, clip

I just plugged in an overdrive (visualsound jekyll and hyde dual overdrive) to the "line in" on my pc, and connected the guitar to that...so sound quality isn't very good...sorry ...but at least you can hear the different tones. In the clip, I change switch position for each individual lick. I have all knobs at 10 for ease of recording. I can get a lot more tones though if I play with the tone pot and the blend pot...its crazy...plus ALL the tones I find are very usable!!! Something the stock wiring didnt have much of...

sounds much better through a tube amp haha...I used ceramic capacitors btw, so perhaps an orange drop cap would sweeten it up even more.

The clip sounds better with earphones btw...easier to hear the differences in tone I suppose
    Last edited by PaulReedSmith; 07-21-2007, 04:41 PM.

Re: Clips of Squier strat blend wiring mod and upgrade

doesnt sound too bad does it ? :o

Comment

Working...
    X