banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks Rid (my take on the fusion track)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Rid (my take on the fusion track)

my take on Rid's fusion track

yeh i know its a bit weak playing wise, im gonna re do the first solo, and maybe change the last solo slightly.. theres some really shoddy bends in this - im still getting used to these 11 DR's... ok no excuse really lol.

i'll stop goin on with myself tell me what you think
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Re: Thanks Rid (my take on the fusion track)

Man I loved the acoustic take on this...great ideas and lots of good music in this!!
    And you took some great chances on the electric, yeah I can hear that you fought the damn thing...but hey!!!
    That is what makes it great!
    Never mind the mistakes...as a whole it was very good!

Comment

thanks man

I've never improvised a solo this long, it was kinda daunting and thats why i broke it up into three sections.

that acoustic is practically part of my anatomy now, its the perfect size and perfect neck for me... shame its all maple - makes it sound a bit too bright sometimes. i kinda liked the tone i got on this though
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

i dont get the brilliant and crap statement :/

yeah i've heard Al DiMeola - hes absolutely awesome, i was supposed to see him in concert when i was over in lebanon, at this awesome Ruins place called Baalbeck, but i never got the chance to.

the acoustic is a 250 quid ibanez, one of their lower acoustic models witha fishman piezo in it.
        My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

ah right thanks.

what was it you didnt like about it? the tone, the general style, or did it not fit in with the rest of the track?

tbh im not exactly that happy with the entire take myself, theres way too many mistakes in it.

i wanted a more bluesy sound for the electric solo but the strings on that ibanez are dead, and the neck pickup is slightly muddy anyway, and my gordon smith is out of action atm till i get that bridge delivered and installed. that high gain marshall kinda lead seems to change the way i play a lot... i seem to turn into heavy metal cheese man.

if i get time tonight i'll have another stab maybe, might try some finger picked chords on acoustic if i can come up with some nice ones and make it a solely acoustic affair. either that or i'll get the squier out and try an out of phase clean sound
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

I wouldn't be as categorical as Lee and say the electric part is crap, but the acoustic section is SO brilliant that the electric section seems disappointing in comparison. Excellent work... this is a hard piece to play over. I gave it a shot and decided not to go for it.

As a side note, I don't want to sound too picky, but I think the volume of your acoustic is a little too high in the mix. My personal opinion of course.

Great as usual Nuntius, you and Rid are almost like a radio station now... we just have to tune in and listen

My take on the Dm Blues is coming... I have more work and less time this week.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
            Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

will do.

i'll remix it as well so the acoustic isnt too overpowering. i couldt be bothered eq ing, because the backing track gets very bassy when you turn it up in the mix and i always just leave my eq's flat. thats just lazyness though, i'll up the track volume, cut out some of the bass so it isnt so boomy, bring down the acoustic volume and try a solo on the squier, should be posted sometime tonight depending on if im going to the hospital again today to see my gf

Lee im glad your honest with me. I agree it was weak and i can do better, i shouldnt have let myself get away with it really
              My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

Amazing, I did like both them, electric and acoustic were very good. I like more the acustic but just because it isn't very common to here one acoustic clip around here.

Keep on men, you are a great player already!!

Comment

Holy ****!!!
                  That's just awesome nuntius, I really enjoyed this track.
                  I'll have to give your other clips a listen as well now.
                  I thought the guitars both sounded good, though the accoustic does sound louder in the mix. The electric parts are fine nothing wrong with that.

Rock on!

Comment

Mongrollo - yeah thats why i picked the acoustic. nobody here to my knowledge plays solos on them and they can sound really nice in a softer track like this... just thought it'd make a change.

thanks a lot for all your comments guys

seems general concencus that i cant mix though i'll sort that one out soon
                    My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

Working...
                    X