Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Gary and Yngwie had a child...

You'd have this dude

one of my fave players who doesn't get much "love".....

now

and

\then *just skip ahead to 1:55 unless you enjoy bad 80s outfits..
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: If Gary and Yngwie had a child...

He's Bon Jovi and Sambora, all in one.
    I could see the Gary Moore resemblance, but not quite there.
    Yngwie....No
    My Soundclick page

ʎʌɐǝɥ sı ǝʇsɐd ɥsıɟ

Comment

not the way he looks, silly
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
        not the way he looks, silly
        Yeah, I know he looks silly, but they all did back then.

I was talking about the noises he was making.
        My Soundclick page

ʎʌɐǝɥ sı ǝʇsɐd ɥsıɟ

Comment

John is a critically underrated guitarist.

He can shred with the fastest, but he also has the great factor of being mature.

How the hell does he get that Strat to sound like that? Whatever pickups that are in that thing I want em in my new strat

Comment

:d

Comment

That was a thick soudning Strat for sure!

I dig his style. Obviously into the heavy stuff but knows his roots
              Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
              Ibanez RG1570 Custom
              PRS McCarty STD
              '71 Gibson SG Custom
              Bogner Alchemist 2x12
              Vox AD15VT

Comment

Really cool videos! The guy's got great tone and sure can shred.
                • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                • G&L Tribute Comanche
                • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Shreds at 3:17
                  Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                  https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                  Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by Axl H View Post
                    John is a critically underrated guitarist.

He can shred with the fastest, but he also has the great factor of being mature.

How the hell does he get that Strat to sound like that? Whatever pickups that are in that thing I want em in my new strat
                    Could be quaterpounders actually he was a lot more Richie toned there than dimarzioed YJM ... could be wrong though ..... boy am I glad to see 17 year olds like you, what a relief after that previous, retarded decade.
                    Active Duty Rig:
                    MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
                    Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

John's setup in those days was nearly identical to Yngwie's : Dimarzio HS-3s, an old metalface, but John used an old Boss SOD to goose it, not a DOD250.

IDS how anyone can't hear the resemblance to Yngwie???? (at least on his odler stuff)????

Grab the CD and give it a spin (Total Control). It's def Yngwie meets Gary Moore (metal era).

FWIW. My old Malmsteen Strat had a KILLER piece of wood, a nice big neck (for a strat), the HS-3s and that vintage trem (very key). It not only nailed Yngwie, it nailed that Norum tone, Scorpions era Uli Roth, and pre-Rainbow Blackmore as well. First and ONLY strat I ever had that got anywhere close to those tones. I always ended up sounding like Buddy holly through a SLX with my other strats up until then..regardless of price or where they were made.
                      Last edited by JeffB; 07-31-2007, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Nope John used a DS-1...

But the key to his tone is also the thick 11-52s he use...

I use them as well, and my hell do they sound thick versus 9-46 that I used previously.

I use a DS-1 as well into my JCM2000s clean channel, and I totally get that tone.

I think I am gonna get HS-3s into my Strat, its a maple fretboard standard.. Sounds very good acoustically and plugged in.

Going for a Malmsteen, Norum or Gary Moore 80s metal tone.. A real fat sound

You say HS-3s as well right Jeff?

Dr.Mavashi --> Thanks bro
                        Last edited by Axl H; 08-04-2007, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                          John's setup in those days was nearly identical to Yngwie's : Dimarzio HS-3s, an old metalface, but John used an old Boss SOD to goose it, not a DOD250.

It not only nailed Yngwie, it nailed that Norum tone, Scorpions era Uli Roth, and pre-Rainbow Blackmore as well.
                          That's funny, I always thought my Malmsteen strat got me closer to Blackmore than to Malmsteen.

FWIW I think Norum is very Yngwie influenced. Either that or they put something in the water in Stockholm.
                          2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
                          1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Well John and Yngwie grew up in the same music circle, and they are very close friends... So I am sure they influenced each other alot

Comment

IMHO it's unmistakable that Norum's tone is influenced by Yngwie. You can definitely hear that familiar hollow-ish Strat tone on some of those songs during fills or leads.
                              • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                              • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                              • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                              • G&L Tribute Comanche
                              • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                              • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                              • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Working...
                              X