My Dm Blues Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dm Blues Clip

OK, here's my take on the Dm Blues backtrack provided by Rid. I cut it because it was pretty long.

This thing reminded of some stuff from the 80s, so I tried a little tapping... not really my style but fun to do... yet now I have a freakin blister on the middle finger of my right hand!

Lee, this is electric crap... you'll hate it - you've been warned

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Re: My Dm Blues Clip

This is the second clip I'm listening to today, I really should take the time to listen to more clips on here. This stuff is great!
    I liked the tapping a lot and the whole thing sounds really professional. Good job!
    I'll bet even Lee would love this.

Comment

Wow, thats groovy! =)

Oh, did I hear a few pinch harmonics? ;P

I really liked this clip... and yer dynamics are real good.

Keep it up!
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Thanks guys... I updated the file... I thought my solo was a little too low in the mix. It's better now. Perfectionist... who, me!?

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
          It's a first take. It's obvious that I wasn't expecting the chord change in places. Still, I can see a couple of ideas in there that I can work on and improve.
          Very disciplined player you are!
          And for just pressing record and playing what comes to mind, too wicked =)

I like that concept - press record and play. Good idea.
          Originally posted by Kanye West
          Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

I was about to say you're not crap, but if you accuse of being sterile, then I won't defend you from yourself

I knew you wouldn't like it Lee. This is 80's hair band stuff. It's not sterile, just not you're style. Of course it's more sterile than the Stoney one I did the other day, because the sound is more processed.

And would you stop posting your clips in my threads please? Get out of here!!!

Comment

OK Lee, I know what you mean... honestly, I like finished stuff, I already said I'm not a good improviser... I have fun "producing" a clip, making sure it sounds nice. It's a different way of seeing things I guess. I didn't spent much time recording it, I just spent time practicing the tap because I wanted it to sound good. What's the point of me saying "Here's my take on tap" and show a crappy recording with f*cked up tapping? If I can't do something reasonably well, I don't do it. It's my personality. Why would people be interested in hearing how bad I suck on tap?

And you know I'm a fan of yours too. But I have my own style, and i'll have a hard time changing that. That enrich the forum's diversity.

But just for the sake of it, I'll post a new one soon which will be "almost" raw... or as raw as I can tolerate

Comment

nice tapped section to this Sly D

Lee thats pretty smooth but i didnt get to listen to the whole of it, my speakers appear to have died on me ... time for a restart..
                My clips

Originally posted by Rid
                How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                  I'm a big fan of everyone that uses this forum - everyone knows that.

The only guy that's crap - is me.

Lee
                  Sorry if I came across the wrong way Lee, I was just adding something to an earlier joke for fun's sake, I never intended to hurt your feelings or imply that you are crap.

Comment

dude, you won me on the 1st bend .. it's awesome

more guys, MOOOORE! =P

and i wouldsnt call it hair music

Comment

Well, thank you Davey, that's much appreciated... well hair, not exactly, let's say hair with a nice modern cut

Comment

now after listening to the beginning of this one, it is awfully familiar.. i know i've heard that synth somewhere...

and now i know where. the intro of dire straits' walk of life

Comment

Very nice Sly. Nothing wrong with that type of 80's playing, melody plus technique. A winning combintation always.
                          Al

Comment

Thanks Al.C. I like to challenge myself a bit. I often decide by listening to a track that I want to make something special with it... and I sometimes have to practice quite a bit to get it. I found it's a great way to push my limits.

Comment

That was cool. I like it even better than the other clip of yours I just listened to! I liked the tapping part myself.
                              MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

Working...
                              X