banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Practise - standing, sitting, with strap etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practise - standing, sitting, with strap etc.

What kind of ratio of playing time do you guys spent playing standing up/sitting down, with or without the guitar strap?

I spend about 99% of my time sat on the floor with my guitar on my lap without the strap.

I find it pretty hard to see the fretboard when I'm standing up and hard to get the right angle with the neck to play comfortably.

Re: Practise - standing, sitting, with strap etc.

Used to play sitting prior and until the band I was in forced me to stand up!

Nuntius advised me in another thread to keep the strap at a reasonable height for comfort and avoiding damage to the wrist...

I've heard that your arm should be at a 90 degree angle.

I practise half standing half sitting (at different times of course ) these days.
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

haha i have the same problem. i play my acoustic moslty and it doesnt have a second strap button on it...

the only remedy is to practise standing up unfortunately

try and learn how to play without looking at the fretboard, takes a while but i can do it when i know my part inside out, and it looks a lot better on stage... plus you can do that stare into the eyes of a nice looking girl thing

<<<< yeah, i know, hippocrical - but i cant improvise without looking yet, i'd rather look a tit than sound one
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid
      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

90 degree angle??

score
        My clips

Originally posted by Rid
        How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

2 years ago I couldn't play anything while standing up, so I forced myself to play standing as much as I can. Now I jump around and do crazy stuff during a gig.
          It's a learning proces and after a while you'll get it right and it will feel natural too. I still can play a lot better sitting down compared to standing up.
          Singing along while you play also helps you to improve.

Comment

I'm sitting when figuring something out, standing when I'm practicing.

Comment

both

sit down when im practicing , stand up when im trying to "get it down". sometimes i lie on my bed and just pracdice like that for a coule hours.

Comment

Working...
              X