Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Hey guys, I know alot of scales, and i can play them well and pretty fast. I would like to start applying this knowledge and learn some metallica solos, but some of the licks involving pull offs are too difficult even though i have been practicing and practicing. Maybe i should practice even more? lol Well heres the kinda stuff i'm having trouble with. i just cant hit the third note and come back to the pull off and play it again. Thanks for your time guys.

Heres an example.

|----15--p12-------15--p12--------15--p12--------------|
    |--------------15-------------15--------------15--------|
    |--------------------------------------------------------|
    "So you'll never have to listen to surf music again." -Hendrix

Re: Help please

Well on another forum, a guy said i probably am having trouble because i'm in betweeen two strings. He said try picking on the outsides. I tried it and it helped, now i need to practice. Any more tips?

Comment

Here is the key to this lick.

First, keep your first finger at the 12th fret first string the entire lick. Have the tip of your finger deaden the B string to keep it from ringing out.

After you play the D note (15th fret, 2nd string) with your 3rd finger tip, kinda roll up and bar your finger to get the G note on the 1st string. This is kinda hard to describe. In one motion you want to play the D, roll up your finger and kind of bar your finger over the first string to play the D note.

A little palm muting will help also.... Hope that helps.
      MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

Thanks alot man, it seems to be helping. I tried it and my speed immediately increased.

Comment

Working...
        X