banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can some1 throw together a few quick chords for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can some1 throw together a few quick chords for me?

ok heres the dilema:
    ive been learning all these scales and styles and whatnot on my bass and i want to exercise putting them to use(as in applying them over songs). but the thing is my friend who i jam with comes over and im like hey man lets make something up so i can practice using these scales and junk so he goes ok. he plays for like 5 minutes and before i perfect it he runs off and starts playing other crap. he doesnt want to make up his own music and he will not stay focused on this just to help me out. i am going to learn guitar but my guitar was just backordered till 8/20

so i was hoping if someone would be kind enough to throw some chords together of several clips and tell me what they are and i can work on making bass for them so i can practice what i learned. i dont know if i can take the clip and record along side it but i can record the bass part and hopefully the other person can put it together for me.

you guys dont know how much this would mean to me if you helped me out. whoever helps me no matter who(even lee) will become my favorite board members

it doesnt have to be just one person, the more clips the better

but dont make them too complicated im just beginning to do this kind of stuff

ive always been more of a player than a musician actually and this will help me so much.
    The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Re: can some1 throw together a few quick chords for me?

I'd be more than happy to put together some chords for you, but here's something that might be a little easier.

These are complete backing tracks with drums, rythym guitar and bass. There are 10 or so songs on each cd, all in different keys, styles and tempo's. On the inside of the cd sleeve, they even detail the intricate breakdown of chords used, in addition to the "key" the song is in, so you can practice different scales and modes within the song.

They really are invaluable. You can buy them on line, or I got mine sitting on the counter at GC. I'd even be happy to burn you a copy of the 2 that I have.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Give me a Idea of what style or scale you want to pratice? A Blues walking
      bass line? or more something rock or metal? I'll see if I have anything on
      hand or I could throw something together for ya Here's a link to
      something Falstaff Did recently. It's a jam in open G That needed some Bass.
      I layed a simple bassline on it.
      Open G jam thread
      http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
        And KMC did a great job too. Take a listen to what he did with it - you could do a lot, lot worse.

Lee
        thanks lee i guess i wont touch it then

i might order those backing tracks, thanks for telling me about them!

whatever the scale and such doesnt matter too me, i would like to keep it simple at least at first though. id feel stupid if i got a track and didnt know what to do with it

thanks guys
        The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Comment

Working...
        X