A softer Pearly Gates clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A softer Pearly Gates clip

I did this simple little clip over the weekend. My God, people are posting a lot these days, It's hard to catch up after two days offline! Cool

I'm getting acquainted with the PG. Pretty cool actually for softer blues. It has a cool bite.

The lead is the Pealry Gates with just a small hint of overdrive (Boss SuperOverdrive) with the Tweed Clean setting on the Tech 21. The rhythm is the middle position of my Ibanez SZ720, which is the stag coil of each pup (Custom+PG).

The chord progression is something I often like too fool around with. It think I got it way back on a blues and jazz site, don't remember where actually.

Here it his, a little warm up to start things up smoothly on this Monday morning:

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Re: A softer Pearly Gates clip

I can imagine that being played in a bar, someone described it really well... cigarette smoke, drinks, etc.

Can't remember who but that's how I feel when I listen to it.

I seriously can't wait to get the POD Guitar Port!

Well done, I love the playing and the tone. A rarity - I usually like one of the two and not be so keen on the other!
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Thanks Rainmaker, always appreciated

You know what? I'm now thinking of getting Line 6 Guitar Port myself. I think it would give me more recording versatility and more effects. Pedals are expensive. And there's a lot of guitar info in Guitar Port, things I'd like to learn.

If I can just sell my damn ESP guitar

Comment

There are a lot of people with Line 6 Guitar Ports... most people who post in this forum do, I believe.

What's wrong with the LTD Hybrid?
        Originally posted by Kanye West
        Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Nothing wrong per se, just that I need to sell it to pay for the Ibanez

Actually, the hybrid is a nice little guitar, set neck, string through. The action is too high, the nut is a piece of plastic crap that makes every string bending a nightmare. After a couple of days on this guitar, if you're a heavy bender, your finger bleeds.

If I had the money, I'd keep it, have the nut changed and change the Tele-type neck pup for a humbucker. Could be cool, but with a one year-old daughter, there are other money imperatives.

Comment

i cant listen to this til later (i'm at work) but i cant wait to

you got me really intrested in a PG after your last clip, so im expecting some good stuff from this!
            My clips

Originally posted by Rid
            How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

sounds great.

if i ever get another twin hummer i know whats going in the neck slot
              My clips

Originally posted by Rid
              How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Actually yes, it's growing on me. It is definitely height sensitive. If you level it with the pickup ring like the pups are often setup at the factory, it is dull and muffled. It becomes a lot clearer and crisper closer to the strings. I think I found the ideal height for my taste now.

I really should be getting money on PG sales

Comment

what a great clip, I can think of all sorts of verses to go with this cuz it just seems to lead right into one-nice job

Comment

Great laid back clip....hmm I have my A5 Hybrids, and I still want an A2 bridge hummer, I am hooked on the Seth or the PG, this clip is nice and makes me wanting an A2 pu even more
                    Great take man!

Comment

I'm still having a hard time getting a great sound live with the amp. The sound is better recorder for the moment. You have to EQ trhe amp totally diffrently to get a great sound... which I guess is normal since I record direct.

Thanks guys, I rally like this kind of laid back blues.

Comment

very kickass track. made me say "oh yeah!!" after a few phrases
                        agh now im in the mood for blues
                        Guitars:
                        -Ibanez RG2820CTTW Limited Edition (with Dimarzio Steve's Special bridge and Air Norton neck)
                        -Peavey Harley Peavey Signature Guitar
                        -Admira spanish classical guitar

Amps:
                        - Line6 POD 2.3 Rack with poweramp and cab
                        - Marshall 1st Generation Valvestate combo
                        SHREDDING IN THE HOLY LAND

Comment

Thanks a lot DiminisheD-7th, coming from you, it's really appreciated, you're an awesome player. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                          X