Carvin Legacy clip for those interested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Legacy clip for those interested

Here is a clip recorded last night at my band rehearsal. The clip is VERY rough- as in we were jamming a new groove. I believe that this was recorded the second time that we actually played through the idea. So there is some ugliness here and there. However, I feel that this shows a good idea of what the Legacy can sound like. All of the clips that I hear on the net never show the muscle that the Legacy can get. I like to think of this tone as Marshall on steroids... YMMV. There's not leads, as we haven't even gotten to a point with this idea where I would start to think about wanking off... lol! So this is all rhythm tones. Warts and all...

Clip info:

Guitar: Les Paul Classic with a DiMarzio ToneZone in the bridge
    Amp: Carvin Legacy
    Cab: Marshall 1960AX loaded with Greenbacks
    Mic: Audix i5
    Board: I have no idea. My drummer is the recording guy. Everything was set flat on the board, so what you hear is what the amp was putting out. For there record, I like dark guitar tones and the amp is able to get a much more biting tone that what I typically shoot for.

Pres: 6, Treb: 6, Mids: 6.5, bass: 6, gain: 6.5, master: 4
    2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
    2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
    2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Re: Carvin Legacy clip for those interested

I like it!

I've always wondered what the Legacy sounded like stock. Vai's stuff give you no impression of what it's really like.

Comment

That's a good tone you got there man.

Comment

Nice thick and tight!I am impressed!
        www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Yeah, thats pretty much what a Legacy will sound like if you pump a good Paul through it. It's a very thick, dark sounding amp. It works great for fattening up strats!

Comment

Working...
          X