Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jazz clip!!

well, again i have yet another clip

but this time i just messed with a chord proigression i liked and did a nice little solo over it. it was, again, improvised so there are a few screw ups, but thats okay with me.

anyways, i used the neck pup on my charvel with the tone rolled back a little and used the neck alone for the solo. hope you enjoy

Re: jazz clip!!

sounds like the weahter channel!

very nice..........and soft on my ears which is good because right now is the time of day where my ears feel like they are ready to bleed after all the **** ive listened to.........i tend i listen to music LOUDLY
    The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Comment

that's really nice and soft, the progression is very nice (could you post it?).

some constructive advise:
      You sould work on your Jazz accompaniment and not just struck the chords 4 time per a beat. I promise you - the moment the accompaniment will be jazzier - so will be your soloing over the progression!.

about the solo -
      It's very nice but not jazzy enough, try using more passing tones for a jazzy effect. also - phrasing is very important - try to get into an idea and keep it - not just running from position to position.

work on these and it will be worth it! - I'm looking forward to see your next jazz work.

Omri

Comment

Originally posted by Snufkin
        that's really nice and soft, the progression is very nice (could you post it?).

some constructive advise:
        You sould work on your Jazz accompaniment and not just struck the chords 4 time per a beat. I promise you - the moment the accompaniment will be jazzier - so will be your soloing over the progression!.

about the solo -
        It's very nice but not jazzy enough, try using more passing tones for a jazzy effect. also - phrasing is very important - try to get into an idea and keep it - not just running from position to position.

work on these and it will be worth it! - I'm looking forward to see your next jazz work.

Omri
        here here...please post the progression as well as what gear did you use for the clip?...especially pups? thanks

stewie
        "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

Thanks!
          i guess i shouldn't call this a jazz song, i would consider it more of a sould thing btu whatever...

i'll take what you said omri, and run with it!!!
          the reason why it sounds odd is because i didn't want to do an idea such as something like triplets back and back cause i think it'd sound choppy. and i'm still messing around with the melodic minor for better phrasing. i was originally gonna use passing tones but wanted to try more outlining the chords with arpeggios. but i'll definitely try that next time.

Comment

oh i forgot about the progression and the pickups

the chord progression is this:

CMajor7
            B7#5
            Em9
            A13

and i used the enck pickup on my charvel, withc is a dimarzio chopper. and it shall soon be replaced with a lil 59

Comment

that is the tone i love!
              ditto on the more jazzy feel for the chords, and theres a section where you just do a flow of evenly spaced notes, perhaps (not just tripleting them) sppeding some up and holding others for longer (with more chromatics) would give it more feel.
              still great tone great chords and great ideas. keep it coming

Comment

great run as usuall and shred me good pretty much has it down when it comes to what u gotta do, but as always great tone.
                Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
                The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
                  oh i forgot about the progression and the pickups

the chord progression is this:

CMajor7
                  B7#5
                  Em9
                  A13
                  hey - thanks man - that's a really neat chord prog - is it yours?.
                  talk to me at the messenger.

Comment

thanks guys!!

the chord progression is just a standard progression you'll hear pretty much anymore, i'll work on all the other progressions i have and see what i can come up with. thanks alot!!!

Comment

Nice work. Puuurty
                      -Matt
                      Originally posted by Scott_F
                      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Comment

very tasty playing ... as you develop your rhythmic and melodic approach, things will sound more open ... but the things you were finding sounded very cool

keep em comin

cheers
                          t4d
                          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

That was good \m/(oo)\m/; I really liked how the guitar changed at the 1:05 point. What pup and guitar were you using there?

Comment

thanks, thing was i was picking lightly through teh whole thing and that part at 1:05 was picked harded. i still used the same pup for the whole thing, which is a dimarzio chopper.

Comment

Working...
                              X