Cheap, easy recording setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheap, easy recording setup

Yeah I guess I would like to be able to use a parametric EQ to tweak my distortion into something decent. I have some EQ pedals - can I use those w/ direct recording?
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

out from multi effect -> line in on PC -> audacity has always worked for me for that purpose. Only cost the price of the cable (already had for running MP3 player to cd in on multi for praticing)
      Good enough to listen to on CD player (burned mp3 to audio CD)
      Sounds decent
      Originally posted by MikeS
      a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
      Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
      whats becoming of this generation
      We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

Don't forget the Toneport GX - even cheaper than the UX!

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

You will always have a certain sound quality if you use your internal soundcards on both machines, those are the weak links.
          Pulse 2AM - YouTube
          Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
            You will always have a certain sound quality if you use your internal soundcards on both machines, those are the weak links.
            There are good and bad onboard sounds and good and bad PCI soundcards. The DFI Lanparty boards, for example, carefully integrate a good soundchip, using a shielded module and other helpers.

Creative Labs on the other hand puts out some real junk all the time, and that's assuming you ever get a working driver from them.

Extra soundcard doesn't equal better quality. I went through a whole stack of cards before I found one that would record correctly.

Some guitar amplifier emulators have SPDIF out, then you can ignore the soundcard quality as long as it has (working) SPDIF in.

Comment

Working...
            X