banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GnR- Sweet Child of Mine Cover (this time with wah solo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GnR- Sweet Child of Mine Cover (this time with wah solo)

So i bought a cry baby a month ago, and wanted to re-record this classic using it, cause the one i had before was didnt have the wah on the solo
    i recorded the song in STANDARD and then used audacity to change the pitch, so maybe it`ll sound weird...

Tell me what you think

http://www.myspace.com/nunoslasher

Re: GnR- Sweet Child of Mine Cover (this time with wah solo)

this sounds great man. I don't play covers because I don't have the patience...
    Guitars: 1978 Fender Mustang, 1997 Guild S-100, Strat type guitar with 1960s Shecter neck and 1980s SD hot stacks, 1990 Guild Bluesbird, 1991 Guild Starfire IV, 1995 Amer. Tele, Guild D55, Guild F212, MARTIN HD-28v, Seagull Artist Series

Pedals: Keeley Time Machine Boost, Keeley Compressor, Keeley'd DS-1, Chandler Tube Driver

Amps:
    Fender Hot Rod Deville (4x10), Egnator Rebel

Comment

Cool bro.... great work!

Comment

awesome!

one thing i will say though - it sounds like you're using 9's, and they're running away from you a bit - maybe im being thrown off by the pitchshifting

have you tried heavier strings? it sounds like having a bit more to push against might make your bending tighten up slightly!

seriously though, great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Imp View Post
          awesome!

one thing i will say though - it sounds like you're using 9's, and they're running away from you a bit - maybe im being thrown off by the pitchshifting

have you tried heavier strings? it sounds like having a bit more to push against might make your bending tighten up slightly!

seriously though, great work!
          I agree with all of the above. Great job man!
          Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
          Roland Cube 60
          Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
          BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
          LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
          Mogami Cables
          Mooer Candy Toppers
          Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
          Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Sounds awesome. The intro is one of the best covers, tone-wise, I've ever heard.

Care to share your amp/guitar settings?

Comment

Cool man, I was waiting for Axl to come in.
              Pulse 2AM - YouTube
              Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Great! Maybe the rythm guitar should have been a bit more jangly, but it's really good.
                Love the wah wah solo, pretty bang on there!
                Last edited by Diocletian; 04-06-2008, 05:22 AM.

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

Wow. Makes me want to learn this song again
                  "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
                  "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
                  "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
                  "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
                    Cool man, I was waiting for Axl to come in.
                    I figured he was busy throwing a tantrum....

NunoSlash, Great work again!!! One of the cool things about listening to your covers is that I hear parts of the music that I never catch on the orig. Like the part where the lyric goes :where do we go.. where do we go now..

When I play wah, it sounds like screechy poo...
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

f-ing amazing dude. best cover track ive heard form you yet. the tone/chops on the intro really are spot on man.
                      Last edited by scottish; 04-06-2008, 10:21 AM.
                      Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                      yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

Comment

Great cover, although I have to agree with Imp. 11's FTW !
                        Guitars:
                        http://my.opera.com/KK91/albums/slideshow/?album=969652

Comment

Excellent!!! Are you still using that Marshall MG-10?

Comment

Thanks a lot for the replies!!

And yes, still using that little Marshall MG 15, not 10

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlTheBird View Post
                              Sounds awesome. The intro is one of the best covers, tone-wise, I've ever heard.

Care to share your amp/guitar settings?
                              Man i was using: a marshall mg 15, a ZOOM 505 II, and the gibson sg standard with crazy 8s
                              The only thing i think could be useful is, i put the mids ant 7 and treble at 4 maybe, with bass at 5

Comment

Working...
                              X