banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got any recordings of Cool/Vintage Rails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got any recordings of Cool/Vintage Rails?

If so, please post 'em and tell me what gear you were using. Thanks!

I'm thinking about outfitting my one of my Ernie Balls with Cool Rails. Duncan describes the CR as a louder, punchier, and fatter single-coil sound and that's what I need.

Re: Anyone got any recordings of Cool/Vintage Rails?

Found Cool Rails clip on youtube:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Already seen it, but thank you. That does sound cool, dunnit?

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
        Already seen it, but thank you. That does sound cool, dunnit?
        Cool Rails was my first Seymour Duncan strat pickup. Then I tried a little Screamin Demon and a little 59. I liked the 59 because it sounded more like a single coil probably. The Cool Rails is good. I don't know if it make good pickup for heavy metal but the clips seems to indicate that it does!

Comment

Originally posted by SixStringSales View Post
          Cool Rails was my first Seymour Duncan strat pickup. Then I tried a little Screamin Demon and a little 59. I liked the 59 because it sounded more like a single coil probably. The Cool Rails is good. I don't know if it make good pickup for heavy metal but the clips seems to indicate that it does!
          Yeah I'd imagine it could do classic-style heavy metal OK. I play hard rock and rock covers here and there. My other Music Man has a DiMarzio PAF Pro/FRED combo in it and I'm looking for something a that's not quite as hot and with a spankier, more toppy sound.

Comment

Working...
          X