banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Been A While Since I've Posted Anything (4 tracks, 5150, DFHSl)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Been A While Since I've Posted Anything (4 tracks, 5150, DFHSl)

Spent today tracking guitars through my 5150 for a couple songs, figured I'd share my prelim mixes with you guys.

None of these have bass, and only the two with asteriks are finished as far as writing goes.

My personal favorite, symphonic blackmetal type tune, with vocals:

*I've posted this before, kinda epic/power-metal esque:

(was tracked/mixed last weekend, slightly different tone/mix)

*Might've posted this as well, thrash/melodeath combo:

Black Dahlia Murder esque melodeath song:

Lemme know what you guys think!
    www.JeffDunne.com

Re: It's Been A While Since I've Posted Anything (4 tracks, 5150, DFHSl)

PS Deathmetal cover of Love is a Battlefield!

http://jefftd.googlepages.com/LiaBF.mp3 (PODxt, not 5150, older mix as I got bored and never finished tracking the song)
    www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Man, I'm just killing myself here.....been about a week since the right ear of my PX 100's crapped out and all this great music is being posted in T&C. Is my best bet still to replace them or has sennheiser came out with something better?

These are all outstanding, really digging the symph and thrash clips.

Comment

Cheers dude! I still really like my PX100's for everyday listening, but when I'm on a plane, in a car, walking around town, etc... I use my CX300's, the in-ear style isolating headphones. The PX100's let in too much ambient noise (part of their design) to be using around where there's lots of noise, as you have to crank the volume to get it over the background noise and ear fatigue sets in faster.
        www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Wow, Jeff! This absolutely rocks. That 5150 sounds very full. Add some bass and tell your drummer he can soak his feet in some ice water.

cg

P.S. I forgot to mention that you are one talented motherf*cker!
          Originally posted by ImmortalSix
          I am just jug the merlot

Comment

I'll tell you why there aren't more responses in here, people listened to something and realized 'this dude is 17/18 and has more talent than I'll ever have.'

But see, it surpasses talent. Ayn Rand had talent. What separates you Jeff, is that you've taken your raw talent and turned it into something pretty spectacular.

I mean I'm currently (as in while I type this) listening to Buddy Holly, after listening to that first song (need names btw!). Your 'blackmetal' is transcendent, in that I think it's good enough where even people who hate that music would still appreciate it. That's a rare quality. And to be so young?

Good God. Kong hit it on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlTheBird View Post
              I'll tell you why there aren't more responses in here, people listened to something and realized 'this dude is 17/18 and has more talent than I'll ever have.'
              That's exactly what I was saying to my wife yesterday as I was playing those clips for her. "Hear this guy? He wrote and played this stuff himself. Impressed? Now here's the kicker: He's still in high school. He's gonna be a monster in a few years."

- Kong
              I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Wow.....! Too good! I love your guitar sound, it's very rich, compared to a lot of the bee swarms that are to be found in this genre... Agree with DLT (), add some more bass..

You're going places... Keep up the good work!
                My Soundclick

Comment

gonna download and listen in the car. gives me something to do on the ride home. you're bumping S.O.D., so it better be good! just kiddin', I know your stuff, it'll be good.

Comment

Sounds great!
                    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Fantastic! U have a great feel for modern metal!

Comment

Cheers guys! I'm deffo not set on the mixes... kick is too loud in EVERYTHING and there needs to be some automation done, esp. with the strings and synths.

Originally posted by KGMESSIER View Post
                        tell your drummer he can soak his feet in some ice water.
                        What drummer?

Originally posted by Tor View Post
                        I love your guitar sound, it's very rich, compared to a lot of the bee swarms that are to be found in this genre...
                        Thanks! That's what I was going for, a fairly rich, but still tight and focused tone. I think the 5150 delivered the goods this time! It'll need a bit of a boost at 5khz or so once the bass gets in, to cut a bit more, but for now I'm digging it a fair bit!
                        www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
                          What drummer?
                          I know, but the joke was too brilliant to pass up. BRILLIANT!
                          I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Hehe so smoking as usual!!!!

Comment

Abviously I loved the second track. You a have great tone, taste and sense of song structure and phrasing its beyond me how you cant stand Randy Rhoads ...... was that EZdrumms ?
                              Active Duty Rig:
                              MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
                              Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Working...
                              X