X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Surf

"study and show yourself approved"

Re: Summer Surf

first i tought it would sound like surf rock, with that posted picture.

i like it, the intro/outro sounds like jazzy jeff beck then it's jazz fusion all the way =)

thanks for posting
    Electric: Ibanez SA-320, Floyd Rose DST-3, Yamaha RGX, Early Squier Strat (MIJ), Custom-built Strat

Amp/Effects: Palomino V8, Vox AD30VT, Boss GT6, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Marshall Guv'Nor+, Yamaha CH-10mii, Arion Tubulator, Arion SAD-1, BBE Two-Timer, Vantage Analog Echo EM-720

Bass/Amp: Peavey Grind 5, Crate BT-50

Comment

I like the Beck vibe it has. Your playing is always first rate!
      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by gnoj_LL View Post
        first i tought it would sound like surf rock, with that posted picture.

i like it, the intro/outro sounds like jazzy jeff beck then it's jazz fusion all the way =)

thanks for posting
        Thanks so much for listening.

Comment

Amazing stuff....not hard to see the white beaches and the blue skies....
          Feel like I am on Crete!

Comment

A really good professional production level on this .A good balance of instruments and EQ.Can you elaborate about the backing?Are you spending a week or so on each track you do?You said you were working on the Mix and production ,and it's showing.
            sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
            - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

amazing as usual! I was expecting a reverby/clangy surf rock thing. I think I'll try one of those next.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
                A really good professional production level on this .A good balance of instruments and EQ.Can you elaborate about the backing?Are you spending a week or so on each track you do?You said you were working on the Mix and production ,and it's showing.
                Thanks so much for noticing. The backing is in a fast paced 6/8 latin rock feel. I'm knocking out about a tune a week....this one was a bit delayed due to to a trip to NYC area to visit my folks. One thing that I have found to really make the overall mix punchier is to put a limiter and exciter in Logic Pro 7 on the stereo main outs. That really seems to sparkle things up a bit. The guitar was recorded using both my Marshall amps in stereo (vintage JMP 50 and David Bray modded Superlead 100). I hope that answered a few questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid View Post
                  Amazing stuff....not hard to see the white beaches and the blue skies....
                  Feel like I am on Crete!
                  Thanks so much bro...your input is always very welcome...as I respect your musicality greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                    amazing as usual! I was expecting a reverby/clangy surf rock thing. I think I'll try one of those next.
                    thanks so much for listening...

Comment

Wuuuah!! I love it!! Really, the guitar sounds fab but the band/backing is really cooking, too!
                      Originally posted by Guitarist
                      Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
                      http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Originally posted by StrangeSound View Post
                        Wuuuah!! I love it!! Really, the guitar sounds fab but the band/backing is really cooking, too!
                        Thanks so much for the kind words...I'll have a new one up soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X