new song want suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new song want suggestions

the song did not turn out the way i wanted it to, i had 2 amps but only one came through, my friend when he mixed it didnt click the button lol. Anyway i am using an Alamo Embassy 1x10 Combo with a Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver in front of it. The guitar is a Silvertone "shredder" with stock ceramic single coils. the bridge came out suprizingly fat but i am changing the pickup soon.

the vocals need to be completely redone, i tried somthing and it sounded cool when i was recording but they sound really bad on this recording lol.
    My friend decided to play bass on the fly so there are some key issues.
    toward the end i accedently played the riff too many times so theres a pause in the vocals, now im thinking to put a solo.

I really want your suggestions, this is the first of my recordings anyone has heard aside from my friend and my gf
    sigpic
    Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
    Dunlop Crybaby
    MXR Custom Comp
    GFS Twin Overdrive
    Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
    Blackstar HT-DISTX
    Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Re: new song want suggestions

Vocals ugh! but I can see where the song is going. Sounds like you got something good if you can fix it up. Hard to hear the guitar because the vocals were so much in front. You need some harmony lines to make the music more interesting. First thing is turn the vocals down in the mix! That would be a huge improvement. Hope you get something helpful out of this. Good luck!

Comment

Is that the same singer at the beginning and then after 1:24?
      The initial vocal is not too bad, but the main throat of the song should not be allowed near a microphone!
      For me, the cleanish guitar at the start sounds nice and present, but the distorted tone sounds pushed back too far - maybe too much reverb on the guitar track?
      You could add a bit of reverb to the master overall instead.
      👣
      👣
      💀

Comment

lol yes it is the same singer, i tried somthing i have never tried before and i epicly failed. as for the guitar part at the begining is supposed to have another amp that has a moderate tremolo. Yeah the whole volcal thing after the clean part is getting redone, in an entirely different way. even after they get recorded i agree on turning them down.

What kinda harmony lines would u suggest?

also i think it is kinda funny that the only song i actually got recorded was by far the worst one... perhaps i knew it needed help. lol

thanks guys for the advice.

i would post some of my other songs which are better, but my friends hard drive crashed so all his drivers for his recording interface were lost in the process...

i was supposed to get an m-audio fast track ultra for my birthday, but my parents didnt buy it for me since i could not afford to pay for my car insurance that month...
        sigpic
        Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
        Dunlop Crybaby
        MXR Custom Comp
        GFS Twin Overdrive
        Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
        Blackstar HT-DISTX
        Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

Working...
        X