• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mopin around with Matt (new clip)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=6618098

quite different from other stuff i've done
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Re: Mopin around with Matt (new clip)

I can't do the soundclick from work, but I'll check this out tonight.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

haha, thanks. i appreciate it

Comment

don't take this the wrong way, but its like a musical version of the feeling i have when i have awful stomach cramps and diarrhea on the way, yet im in a place with no bathroom in sight. You know, where your around people and feel like you may not be able to hold it anymore, but still have to act like you're totally fine? (btw, the cute ending is so similar to that exact time when you finally reach a toilet! hahaha)

bottom line, its awkward, but listenable. But so was my comment towards it
        http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
        >cord<
        1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

!!!!!

Sounds like Robby Krieger on too much acid.
          👣
          👣
          💀

Comment

well, i thought it was cool, but w/e. guess i'm just havin an off...week or month or something. lol

Comment

Originally posted by flank View Post
              don't take this the wrong way, but its like a musical version of the feeling i have when i have awful stomach cramps and diarrhea on the way, yet im in a place with no bathroom in sight. You know, where your around people and feel like you may not be able to hold it anymore, but still have to act like you're totally fine? (btw, the cute ending is so similar to that exact time when you finally reach a toilet! hahaha)

rofl, i don't know if i could take that in the right way. lol

Comment

I like the very clean tone in the lead and I like the eery hypnotic rythm but there's something odd about the two together.

Either way sounds like something Danny Elfman would do with Frank Zappa if they were both drunk and on mushrooms.
                Father of The Unofficial SDUGF Hot Sauce

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay View Post
                  Either way sounds like something Danny Elfman would do with Frank Zappa if they were both drunk and on mushrooms.
                  this worries me

Comment

Originally posted by flank View Post

omg, you're so dead on with that description. I'm feeling a little queezy after that.

But way to go on 'thinking outside the box' right?
                    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
                    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
                    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
                    "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

I dig the vibe. It's raining here (actually flash-flooding, monsoon, whatever. The Governor declared a State Of Emergency yesterday) but this music fits the vibe.

The good: The super-clean tone is nice with a good pluck to it, and your notes are coming out real cleanly. Also note afore-mentioned vibe.

The bad: Work on those bends, man! A lot of them fell very flat of their mark and the dissonance was pretty glaring at times.

Overall: I'm not sorry I clicked the link, so that's saying something! If I were to give you three pieces of advice for future pieces:

1- Work on making sure your string bends occur in-time and in-key. This is important. It's better to play with no note bending at all that to play with bad ones.

2- Every piece should have a beginning, middle, and end. Yours felt more like one long middle. Still, this is a minor thing. The real lesson here is: next time, trim off the 30+ seconds of nothing/tune up at the beginning. I spent that time wondering if my sound card was ****ing up.

3- Try to vary up your phrasing a bit. I liked most of your note selection but you never stepped beyond 1/4 notes in your timing, and you never changed it up in the middle of a phrase either. These weren't deal-breakers for me at all, but it's one area where it sounds like you could grow as a player.

So there you go! My honest, constructive criticism, as promised! FWIW I've definitely heard worse, and you're on the right track, IMO.
                      -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

thanks man!

Comment

Pat Metheny - Zero Tolerance For Silence

that's all I gotta say....reminds me of that album ....
                          Last edited by CapoFirstFret; 06-09-2008, 07:08 PM.
                          Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                          It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                          Originally posted by LesStrat
                          Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by Redmist View Post
                            !!!!!

Sounds like Robby Krieger on too much acid.
                            lol you hit the nail on the head with that one

chris
                            "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                              I dig the vibe. It's raining here (actually flash-flooding, monsoon, whatever. The Governor declared a State Of Emergency yesterday) but this music fits the vibe.

The good: The super-clean tone is nice with a good pluck to it, and your notes are coming out real cleanly. Also note afore-mentioned vibe.

The bad: Work on those bends, man! A lot of them fell very flat of their mark and the dissonance was pretty glaring at times.

Overall: I'm not sorry I clicked the link, so that's saying something! If I were to give you three pieces of advice for future pieces:

1- Work on making sure your string bends occur in-time and in-key. This is important. It's better to play with no note bending at all that to play with bad ones.

2- Every piece should have a beginning, middle, and end. Yours felt more like one long middle. Still, this is a minor thing. The real lesson here is: next time, trim off the 30+ seconds of nothing/tune up at the beginning. I spent that time wondering if my sound card was ****ing up.

3- Try to vary up your phrasing a bit. I liked most of your note selection but you never stepped beyond 1/4 notes in your timing, and you never changed it up in the middle of a phrase either. These weren't deal-breakers for me at all, but it's one area where it sounds like you could grow as a player.

So there you go! My honest, constructive criticism, as promised! FWIW I've definitely heard worse, and you're on the right track, IMO.
                              great job with the constructive criticism sosomthing, I wish I got that kind of response to my posts on here....(hint hint)

Chris
                              "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

Working...
                              X