Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Flood

Listen to this young Dutch lady

Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
    When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
    Red Devils - 1% all the way!
    Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
    Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Re: Texas Flood

I've gotten over the whole "I can copy SRV like a mirror" astonishment. Where's some personal style? Nothing but lick covers will only get you so far. Talented, but needs her own groove.
    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
    PRS McCarty STD
    '71 Gibson SG Custom
    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
    Vox AD15VT

Comment

Ummm, don't try anything funny cause I think she's a man baby! In my best Dr. Evil voice.
      Pulse 2AM - YouTube
      Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

She puts plenty of youtube guys to shame! I don't know about the shredding stuff she was trying to do but she rocked it! She needs a singer though.

Comment

I didn't know Kenny Wayne Shepherd was Dutch.
          "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
          - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Fredrik?? you sure thats a girl?? In any case, I wish I could play like that. Got the blues faces down.. haha
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I like the tone this kids getting.
              Go to http://www.blazeofficial.com to hear more music and learn more about Blaze. This is Blaze playing "Eruption" and an original song "Break Out" at Univer...
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Still just don't see the awe in her. If I spend a good week with a metronome and practice some blues shred licks I could pull that off no prob, but that aint blues people!
                Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                PRS McCarty STD
                '71 Gibson SG Custom
                Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                Vox AD15VT

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                  I don't see why anybody would not give substantial credit to these kids. They play great and put a lot of players to shame. I've been so plenty of clubs with much less talent getting paid to play. Nothing but praise coming from here.

That kid did a fantastic job with Eruption. Sounded note for note! He was getting a great sound. His playing and tone are very mature for his age. Makes me want to go back to the woodshed and work on my chops!

Comment

Originally posted by BluesGuyJ View Post
                    I've gotten over the whole "I can copy SRV like a mirror" astonishment. Where's some personal style? Nothing but lick covers will only get you so far. Talented, but needs her own groove.
                    true but listen to "drowning on dry land" by albert king. srv's texas flood solo is almost exactly note for note, bend for bend an exact copy of what albert played.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                      Fredrik?? you sure thats a girl?? In any case, I wish I could play like that. Got the blues faces down.. haha
                      I was caught off guard there to. Dutch girl? Fredrik? Norway? He? What?!

Someone pulled a fast one on us.
                      "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
                      "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
                      "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
                      "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Bwahahahaha! Who thinks this is a Dutch girl? It's a 12 year old boy from Bergen, Norway.

LOL!

BluesGuy: when you were that young, you probably didn't think that you, first and foremost, had to have your own style..?
                        Last edited by Tor; 06-14-2008, 05:42 PM.
                        My Soundclick

Comment

Working...
                        X