The Beatles: "Norwegian Wood" cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beatles: "Norwegian Wood" cover

Hello I just recorded another beatles cover, check it out see what you think

NORWEGIAN WOOD

Re: The Beatles: "Norwegian Wood" cover

Pretty nice, just a few tempo problems and a little heavy sounding again.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Its played to a click so the tempo is ok, nothing I can do about the heavy sound, you have to remember I have got a dynamic mic literally 3 inches from the soundhole. It picks up every nuance and alot of the bass. That wont change until I get a condenser mic unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by gavantia View Post
        Its played to a click so the tempo is ok, nothing I can do about the heavy sound, you have to remember I have got a dynamic mic literally 3 inches from the soundhole. It picks up every nuance and alot of the bass. That wont change until I get a condenser mic unfortunately.
        Just giving you some constructive criticism because you play well.
        @46 seconds sounds a bit rough to me. The heavy sound is from your mits not the mic.
        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I know and I thank you for listening, I love feedback of all kinds. Im not attacking your post by any means, the heavy parts are purposely there, I like dynamic playing but it dont come off that well with my current mic and guitar.

In real life it sounds completely different. Heavy accents are used in the original right at the end of each phrase.

Comment

I love it, I am a fan of chord melody on guitar. Please do it again when you got a condenser. Then, you can get the sound on tape just how you hear it in the room.
            Originally posted by Guitarist
            Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
            http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

The timing on the opening was a little off, and as Innerdream said, it was a little rough around the passage from 0:46 to 0:48, but those are small complaints.

Overall, I think the tone and playing are beautiful. Very lovely stuff to this Beatles fan's ears. As I said before, MORE!!!

- Keith
              Originally posted by ImmortalSix
              I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Sounds great, thats the kind of stuff you can sit and play for hours after a bad day and just forget about everything.

Comment

Working...
                X