Messing around with youtube again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messing around with youtube again

So I got in a mood after work, plugged in my 78 Hamer Sunburst, turned on the camera and went for a ride. It's a very short ride. But, I haven't been able to play in a few weeks so I'm kind of out of practice.

Sunburst 8 0111 is 30 years old, bone stock, and I played through my ultra high-end, booteek, highly coveted Flextone III.

There are plenty of mistakes and it's in no particular time. I know that already. But, I thought it was fun. So I posted it here for people to enjoy or despise.

My next project is going to be doing some covers. I think I'll pick some clasic rock/metal like early EVH, AC/DC, etc. Then I can join the ranks of the youtube wannabes.

1978 Hamer Sunburst, completely stock. Strung up with 11's tuned to standard. Played through my Flextone III while I was messing around after work. Plenty...
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Re: Messing around with youtube again

Originally posted by Travis View Post
    So I got in a mood after work, plugged in my 78 Hamer Sunburst, turned on the camera and went for a ride. It's a very short ride. But, I haven't been able to play in a few weeks so I'm kind of out of practice.

Sunburst 8 0111 is 30 years old, bone stock, and I played through my ultra high-end, booteek, highly coveted Flextone III.

There are plenty of mistakes and it's in no particular time. I know that already. But, I thought it was fun. So I posted it here for people to enjoy or despise.

My next project is going to be doing some covers. I think I'll pick some clasic rock/metal like early EVH, AC/DC, etc. Then I can join the ranks of the youtube wannabes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEp0w2paLnE
    The vid was ok but what's up with the weightlifing vids? LOL! Line6 Flextone sounds good but sounds muffled. Know a way to get fix the muffled sound?

Comment

My two main hobbies are playing guitar and strength training. The weightlifting videos are on there because I was posting them as a "technique and form check" for people who wanted to see what the lifts looked like.

I think the issue with the sound is the microphone. That's just the built in mic on the camera in that video. I lent my condensor mic to a friend and I need to get it back so I can do some higher quality recording.
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

My two main hobbies are playing guitar and strength training. The weightlifting videos are on there because I was posting them as a "technique and form check" for people who wanted to see what the lifts looked like.

I think the issue with the sound is the microphone. That's just the built in mic on the camera in that video. I lent my condensor mic to a friend and I need to get it back so I can do some higher quality recording.
        I was asking because when I played the Flextone it sounded muffled. If not for that the amp would sound pretty good.

Comment

Well, the amp was being played at "bedroom" levels and the camera was placed for picture, not for sound. I'm sure that utilizing optimal mic placement would make a huge difference as well.

Comment

Well, the amp was being played at "bedroom" levels and the camera was placed for picture, not for sound. I'm sure that utilizing optimal mic placement would make a huge difference as well.
            Sorry man you missed my question. I was asking not beause of how I thought yours sounded but because that's how it sounded when I played one. I want to know how to tweak it so next time I play it I can fix the muffled tone and see what the amp can really do. Your sound wasn't bad BTW.

Comment

Ok, got ya. My Flextone is dead stock, with no mods whatsoever. The setting I had it on in that video was the "Treadplate" red with the "Gib Explorer" cab module. I boost the drive pretty high with the bass maxed, mids pushed about 75% and treble around noon. The presence varies depending on volume. The louder the volume, the lower the presence goes. When I plug it into my 5150 cab, the presence gets pretty much turned off. I add a little bit of reverb and digital delay and that's pretty much it. Other than that, the signal goes straight from the guitar to the amp.

Comment

Ok, got ya. My Flextone is dead stock, with no mods whatsoever. The setting I had it on in that video was the "Treadplate" red with the "Gib Explorer" cab module. I boost the drive pretty high with the bass maxed, mids pushed about 75% and treble around noon. The presence varies depending on volume. The louder the volume, the lower the presence goes. When I plug it into my 5150 cab, the presence gets pretty much turned off. I add a little bit of reverb and digital delay and that's pretty much it. Other than that, the signal goes straight from the guitar to the amp.
                That amp loud enough for gigging?

Comment

Yeah, it'll keep up on small stages. It does better when plugged into extension cabs, though.

Comment

Working...
                  X