VHoholic clip.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHoholic clip.....

Well since he ran out of bandwidth for this month...I'm gonna upload it.
    Hehe guess a pickup.

Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 09-12-2004, 04:45 AM.

Re: VHoholic clip.....

I've already got most of the stuff from his sig downloaded.... As for the pickup, I have no idea... I suck at this. What I can tell you is that it sounds good with great chops... but you could probably figure that out on your own. It sounds (to me atleast) very Van Halen but with some kind of twist. Like the tone is less bright.

Comment

Ah cool, you posted it. Thanks Rid!
      Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Comment

Hehe yeah, my pleasure

Comment

excellent stuff!

great tone
          Guitars:
          -Ibanez RG2820CTTW Limited Edition (with Dimarzio Steve's Special bridge and Air Norton neck)
          -Peavey Harley Peavey Signature Guitar
          -Admira spanish classical guitar

Amps:
          - Line6 POD 2.3 Rack with poweramp and cab
          - Marshall 1st Generation Valvestate combo
          SHREDDING IN THE HOLY LAND

Comment

Very Inspiring VHoholic,

I've got to ask you a few questions. How do you keep your chops up? Do you practice every day? How did you build up those chops? Do you do some sort of hand strength exercises or does that come from hours of practise? Do you find if you don't play for a while, you have to build up your hand strength?

Not to blow sunshine up your a#$%, but your playing shows exceptional hand strength and I'd luv to know how you get it .

Comment

Originally posted by inter
              Very Inspiring VHoholic,

I've got to ask you a few questions. How do you keep your chops up? Do you practice every day? How did you build up those chops? Do you do some sort of hand strength exercises or does that come from hours of practise? Do you find if you don't play for a while, you have to build up your hand strength?

Not to blow sunshine up your a#$%, but your playing shows exceptional hand strength and I'd luv to know how you get it .
              Yeah VH, not to swell your head but your playing amaze's me. I too would like to know how you keep your chops up. I know practice makes perfect and things take time but I seem to be struggling a lot at times. How do you position your picking hand? Any practice tips you could share?

Comment

Lol, Listening to VHoholic's clips always give me a kick in pants, no matter how well I'm playing.

I just removed my Duncan Distortion and wacked in a paf pro in the bridge of my paul.

There's nowhere to hide with the paf pro, even with my 5150 roaring.

I've come to the conclusion that low output pups really make you work your a@#$ off but they very, very rewarding when you get it right.

Comment

On the pup, would it be a 59?

Comment

man you have such amazing tone and chops VH...i love listening to your stuff it just blows me away

Comment

Thanks guys, i appreciate all the comments.

Originally posted by inter
                      Very Inspiring VHoholic,

Thanks inter. I just try and play for about a half hour to an hour a few times a week. Basically just doodling around with whatever i can think of, no strengthening excercises or anything. Years ago when i first started playing i remember trying to strengthen my hand by doing trills on the guitar until right before my hand started hurting but no further than that. I would place my hand on the low F chord postion and do an alternating trill type of thing with my pointer on the 1st fret, my middle finger on the second, ring finger..3rd and pinky..4th and just trill one at a time until i couldn't do it any more. You can do that anywhere on the neck really. Haven't done that in years though. With me it's weird, not all the time but sometimes when i don't play for a while and pick up the guitar i play better...lol.

Originally posted by Mike M.
                      How do you position your picking hand? Any practice tips you could share?
                      I just rest the right side of my palm on the bridge and sometimes keep my pinky touching the guitar to brace it as i pick. I don't always do that but sometimes it works. It also depends on what guitar i'm playing. As far as practicing goes all i really ever do is play whatever comes to mind. No scales or anything like that, just doodling. The one thing i always try to do is keep whatever i'm playing as tight as i can to make each note sound nice and clear. I would say repetition until you get it right and ALWAYS feel what your playing instead of putting all attention on technique. The listener will pick up on that immediately in my opinion.
                      Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Comment

I like your tone man !

You really got it
                        Pickups used :
                        Les Paul: A2'59/'PGn ; SP90-1/SP90-1
                        PRS Santana 1: Phat Cats
                        PRS CU22 : SLb/'59n ; A2'59b/PGn ; Phat Cats
                        PRS McCarty : A2P/A2P ; SL/SL
                        PRS Singlecut : Ant/Ant ; SLb/59n
                        PRS Modern Eagle : SLb/Antn
                        PRS Hollow : Ant/Ant
                        PRS Mc Soap : SP90-1/SP90-3 ;SP90-1/SP90-1/SP90-3
                        PRS Mc Deluxe : Antiquity II minis
                        Strat : APS1TwBg/APS1rwrp/APS1T; APS1TwBg/SSL1rwrp/SSL1;Antiquity II Set;Antiquity Texas Hot Set
                        Teles : 59b/PGn ; Ant set ; JDb/SSL1rwrp/SSL1
                        SG : SP90-1/SP90-1

Comment

Thanks!
                          Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

I know which pickup it is, so I'm not going to give it away!

Hey Vhoholic, I've got a general question for you. Since you use the '59 and this other pickup, do you ever feel like you wish they had more output? I mean part of the magic is that they have low output, yet at the same time it makes you work so damn hard LOL!

I'm really interested in the '59 ... there's something about the low end that I really like. I hear it in your clips and in Chubtone's clip comparing the Holmes, Voodoo, '59, and EVH. His "someone get me a Dr." clip sounded best with the '59 IMO.

Comment

I just used a singlecoil today for the first time in a year or so.....and all the sudden I really digged those PAF style pickups....but I have not lost the touch to dig a singlecoil either, it demands playing from you and that is a + for me
                              You can get that violin hollow sound with a PAF style pu, and more body to the twang with od...man I gotta get a set more of APS-1's
                              Somehow I missed that twangy sound, plus crunchchords just springs out in your face.
                              And with those lowoutput hummers you get almost the same feel

Comment

Working...
                              X