Crossroads in dropped D slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossroads in dropped D slide

I'm putting a lesson together for a slide version of Crossroads. Have a look and a listen at

if you're interested in that kind of music. There's a little movie with it, so it takes a few seconds to download.

This was done on my Strat (with SD pickups) into my new toy, a DigiTech RP100 then straight into my laptop (CoolEdit Pro)

Kirk

Re: Crossroads in dropped D slide

WOAH !!!

very cool .. loved the tone and the groove you had workin' there
    sweet right hand / fingerstyle mojo ...

cool to hear an old favorite in a new way

thanks for sharing it and welcome to the forum!

cheers
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Loved it!! One of my favorite songs. Works great on slide. I have never been able to play slide to save my life, makes me want to try yet again.

Comment

That was great, in my opinion, way better than Clapton's version. You grooved with it, had some feel, Clapton's version just always just soudned so fake to me, just a white guy who can play well but has no idea how to actually play the blues.

Comment

Originally posted by KirkLorange
          I'm putting a lesson together for a slide version of Crossroads. Have a look and a listen at

if you're interested in that kind of music. There's a little movie with it, so it takes a few seconds to download.

This was done on my Strat (with SD pickups) into my new toy, a DigiTech RP100 then straight into my laptop (CoolEdit Pro)

Kirk
          I realy like your version. I like how your useing the slide in and out of your playing that takes time to learn and it realy sounds nice. very well done. way to go

Comment

that's was great!!
            Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
            gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
            SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

wow that was really sweet youve got a nice unique style there
              Guitars
              MIA Olypmic white Strat, Warmoth Neck(Brazilian Rosewood)-Fralin Vintage Hots
              MIA Strat '57 RI, Tobacco Sunburst
              Danny Gatton Trib Tele-Barden Rail/Tex Mex
              Agile Al-3000-'59/Seth
              MIJ "Blackie" Strat-Ant Texas Hots

Amps
              70's Fender Super Reverb Head, Blackfaced by Billy Penn
              Fender Deluxe Plus 112

Pedals
              Modded V-847, Sniper GE-7, Boss CH-1, Modded TS-9, Boss SD-1, Boss DS-1, Keeley Blues Driver, Carl Martin Rock Drive.

Comment

Originally posted by wasteofo2
                That was great, in my opinion, way better than Clapton's version. You grooved with it, had some feel, Clapton's version just always just soudned so fake to me, just a white guy who can play well but has no idea how to actually play the blues.

You are kidding, right? Clapton has no idea how to actually play the blues?

Perhaps you can tell us what is missing in Clapton's playing.

Before you begin- and I'm just telling you this because you are young and probably haven't done your homework here- keep in mind that Clapton has already, long before you were born, earned the respect of major contemporary blues players. Buddy Guy, John Lee Hooker and B.B. King are all fans of Clapton. Robert Cray has admitted to being intimidated by Clapton on stage and Buddy Guy has said that playing with Clapton brings out the best in his playing.

So go ahead-how does one play the blues? (and don't even say white guys can't do it)
                Gibson ES-335 (stock '57 Classics)*Warmoth Tele (PGn/Brobuckerbridge) *Fender American Strat w/DiMarzio Fast Track Is*Fender Princeton Reverb*Martin D-28*Favorite effects-Maxon AD80*80s Ibanez TS-9*80s Boss OD-1*Fulldrive 2*Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and MicroVibe-Maxon AF-9*Vox Wah

Comment

Working...
                X