Can i have your opinions please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i have your opinions please?

I have 2 new band clips up on soundclick. one is a new song called "Traits of a Madman" the other is a revised version of a song called 'Red Sea" in Traits of a madman i messed up on the intro solo thing quite a bit, i was going for a Disonent(sp?)/awkward sound and well i made it a little too out there so i am fixing that. but jsut tell me what you think of the songs. also in Traits of a madman we tried some1 else singing so you can barely hear him becuase he was nervous. but Red Sea is pretty good sounding so i wanted everyones opinions of the songs. thanks

Re: Can i have your opinions please?

ne one?

Comment

Traits of a madman started off with that really dissonant type vibe, I felt it lost it a little later. I do like your choice of lead work, very Metallica-ish (as your name suggests). I definitely hear the influence and you have solid riffs that remind me of them.

I'm not crazy about the vocals, but they are standard for the genre. I don't know why, but I thought of "seek and destroy" when I listened to "red sea".

There was a bit too much bass in the intro to the madman song, but that's to be expected on a cheaper microphone. You have polished riffs and with a good mic like a Shure SM57 or 58, I have no doubt that would come through clear
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

thanks. i think the band sounds a lot better then it did the last time i posted stuff, but idk who has listend to that. well if we had a mic at al i think it would sound better, that is recorded through a digital camera. we are going in to record a 5 song EP in a bout a month so hopefully things will go as schedualed

Comment

so u guys are saying out of the 30 some odd people that looked at this only one person listened?

Comment

Working...
          X