duncan custum(sh-5) vs dd(sh-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duncan custum(sh-5) vs dd(sh-6)

i like them both but im looking for the one with more "bite" in the solo's and more "bark" in the rhythm give me your 2 cents

p.s my influences are dio,skid row,def leppard(old school) and all hard rock

for the neck im thinking alc2pro or jazz

the guitar im puting the pickups in is a jackson dkmg

all other suggestions are excepted

thank you

Re: duncan custum(sh-5) vs dd(sh-6)

i have an sh-5 in my ibanez GIO. the one in the avatar. it has a really chunky heavy sound in it, and its quite powerful...especially with distortion. you can split it also lke i did. when you use it as a HB it tends have a really thick sound. it has an impedance of about 14.4Kohms, ...quite high.
    i love how it sounds down low with thick distortion/chorus. it sounds okay soloing highs. the single coil sounds great too. very fenderish.
    Matt
    Fender Strat warmoth project.
    Line 6 UX1 fx unit
    1975 Epiphone Archtop
    2004 Alvarez Regent RF20SC acousitc/electric w/cutaway

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson dkvp
      i like them both but im looking for the one with more "bite" in the solo's and more "bark" in the rhythm
      Custom. I like the DD but I'd say the Custom has more bite.. more midrange edge.
      Last edited by Stevo; 09-16-2004, 10:02 PM.
      https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

Custom Clip

DD Clip

Comment

I've gotta say thanks Stevo your soundclips helped me decide i was thinking about getting a custom and IMO it sounds very nice, nicer than the dd but i must say that's some very nice playing and it's really well recorded.

Comment

What do you record with? do you record straight to PC and if you do what soundcard do you use?

Comment

What do you record with? do you record straight to PC and if you do what soundcard do you use?

Comment

Thanks APB. I used a Marshall JCM800 (2204) with Weber Blue Dog speakers on those. I mic the amp, with a Shure 57 mic, off center of the speaker cone. I recorded in to a little DOD keyboard mixer, then to the sound card. I think I had an AWE 32 card at the time (old ). The software was Cakewalk Pro 8.
                I recently upgraded my home setup a little. I have a little Mackie mixer and a soundblaster audigy card. I use Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 2 currently. I still use 57s to record. Sometimes I use 2 mics at a time, one up close and one across the room a little, for some natural ambience.

Here are a couple more tunes I did with a Custom and DD.

DD-59n
                deco2 neck and Custom bridge, which comes in on last verse
                Custom - Blues Rock

Comment

I'd give another nod to the PAF-like-burning tone of the Custom. I think it sounds better split than the DD as well.

NOT that theres anything wrong with the DD, it has a great, tight bottom end.
                  Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
                  Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
                  Originally posted by Sosomething
                  "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Working...
                  X