Your Heart Is A Kaleidoscope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Heart Is A Kaleidoscope

I just finished this new song. I call it "Your Heart Is A Kaleidoscope".

Your Heart Is A Kaleidoscope

Mangos are growing outside my window
    Sun shining on the sill
    Ibis flying over head
    My iced tea needs a refill

My songs are transistorized
    The lyrics prosper in the Sun
    No vehicles are motorized
    Bare feet running with the rum

Stars are best viewed from a distance
    There is no love without resistance
    I come dancing at your insistence
    Tripping over each other by circumstance

Your heart is a kaleidoscope
    I feel you by degree
    A twist and the picture changes
    The best of you is free

© 2008 FrankAxtell ® All Rights Reserved.
    "study and show yourself approved"

Re: Your Heart Is A Kaleidoscope

Just as long as her body isn't a wonderland... all the boys will be trying to sneak on for a ride! *kidding*

Sweet lyrics... and your tone is a kaleidoscope!
    sigpic
    "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
    Originally posted by Lewguitar
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Originally posted by ginormous View Post
      Just as long as her body isn't a wonderland... all the boys will be trying to sneak on for a ride! *kidding*

Sweet lyrics... and your tone is a kaleidoscope!
      Thanks for listening and commenting.

Comment

Love the tune....and as usual...sweet sweet guitars!

Comment

very cool! great tone and tune! I like how the vocals are kinda pushed back "into" the music as opposed to front and center as is common..
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Rid View Post

Love the tune....and as usual...sweet sweet guitars!
            Thanks bro...your to kind...

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
              very cool! great tone and tune! I like how the vocals are kinda pushed back "into" the music as opposed to front and center as is common..
              Thanks so much...I took my time on that mix.

Comment

pretty cool. your music is great - really impressive solos. I dont understand what you are doing most the time for soloing cause its honestly above my head like Satriani which is a really good thing of course. really interesting to listen to. I wrote a folk song 8 years back on acoustic that has Kaleidoscope in the title and chorus. Similar imagery too maybe but not chord changes or structure by any means.

Im wondering about vocals these days. Yours sound really good. of course great singing technique too which is the most important. What vocal mic/preamp/etc are you using? for chorus did you just record your voice over and over in different keys? cool song, really catchy.

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                  pretty cool. your music is great - really impressive solos. I dont understand what you are doing most the time for soloing cause its honestly above my head like Satriani which is a really good thing of course. really interesting to listen to. I wrote a folk song 8 years back on acoustic that has Kaleidoscope in the title and chorus. Similar imagery too maybe but not chord changes or structure by any means.

Im wondering about vocals these days. Yours sound really good. of course great singing technique too which is the most important. What vocal mic/preamp/etc are you using? for chorus did you just record your voice over and over in different keys? cool song, really catchy.
                  Thanks so much for the kind words. Vocals are done using a CAD E200 Equitek Series Dual Single Diaphragm Condenser Microphone into a Presonus Firepod into Logic Pro on my Mac G5. I do the lead vocal and then do harmonies on stereo tracks.

Comment

great hook line chorus, its stuck in my head now for sure! good songwriting. I like the 80s vibe to it, its not a dated sound the way you are doing it here though, it has a fresh sound to it. I like the slower guitars over the faster runs, but definitely 1 or 2 'jazz runs' is a good thing. dont want to make the song sound over busy. cool equipment. I was wondering about that, sounds great. man you are pretty proficient songwriter. pretty inspiring.

Comment

whole thing is great of course, but bass really shines on this one I think. Vocals really transport the listener.

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                        great hook line chorus, its stuck in my head now for sure! good songwriting. I like the 80s vibe to it, its not a dated sound the way you are doing it here though, it has a fresh sound to it. I like the slower guitars over the faster runs, but definitely 1 or 2 'jazz runs' is a good thing. dont want to make the song sound over busy. cool equipment. I was wondering about that, sounds great. man you are pretty proficient songwriter. pretty inspiring.
                        Thank you very much on the those positive comments. I really appreciate the critique.

Comment

Working...
                        X