• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T3h Cool (new song)

done with plugins from tweakbench.com

all free!

anywho, link
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Re: T3h Cool (new song)

Hmm...well....While I'm really liking this because it reminds me a lot of old Commodore 64 music (WAY before your time, I feel ancient!), I feel kinda cheated cos I expect guitar music!
    I think it's really cool, but you need to add some guitars.

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

Im gonna be a little brutal and say it sounds like 8 bit nintendo! I like your past song with the big muff pedal - a cover of 2 skates was it? So I know you have the skills. Hope you get the guitar back soon; I want your music to go into radiohead territory but its slowly going there - I definitely dont know my way around synth and all that. You do though. - ever consider using propellerhead reason 4.0? that stuff rips for synth - your music would benefit if you can afford the $300 or whatever its going for at student prices.

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
        Im gonna be a little brutal and say it sounds like 8 bit nintendo! I like your past song with the big muff pedal - a cover of 2 skates was it? So I know you have the skills. Hope you get the guitar back soon; I want your music to go into radiohead territory but its slowly going there - I definitely dont know my way around synth and all that. You do though. - ever consider using propellerhead reason 4.0? that stuff rips for synth - your music would benefit if you can afford the $300 or whatever its going for at student prices.
        lol, not brutal at all, thats what I was going for.

my recording interface is dead and I'm definitely low on money so this is gonna do for now. I'm getting a job, though. that was a voodoo labs superfuzz btw

I play guitar a lot still, I just can't record it for now.

I'm using frooty loops right now btw

Comment

ok, I think you should have higher goals then making 8bit nintendo music. I downloaded the free FL awhile back. the demos of what you can do with it sounded pretty intense for techno and the like, not 8 bit nintendo. also, there were alot of great sounding free drum loops - ya probably not too customizable but if I were you Id get more familir with those so that your golden when you can record guitar again. FL was super complex and I didnt want to read any of the directions, but hmm...8 bit nintendo...

Comment

very nintendo! your guitar stuff is pretty kool though, i'd also like to see you get back into recording it.
            Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
            ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

ok, I think you should have higher goals then making 8bit nintendo music. I downloaded the free FL awhile back. the demos of what you can do with it sounded pretty intense for techno and the like, not 8 bit nintendo. also, there were alot of great sounding free drum loops - ya probably not too customizable but if I were you Id get more familir with those so that your golden when you can record guitar again. FL was super complex and I didnt want to read any of the directions, but hmm...8 bit nintendo...
              well I'm sorry if you aren't a big fan of it. I enjoy it myself, I also enjoy guitar. I also enjoy playing trombone. I like to stretch myself and learn new things across a band of different genres.

also, whats wrong with 8bit nintendo? I think it is harder to make good 8bit music then it is to make good guitar music.

Comment

you posted in tips so you got advice...

Comment

Ha ha, well there you go!

Personally, like I said, it sounded like CBM 64, which is even older than the 8 bit Nintendo, but clearly similar.
                  It's nostalgic for me, so I enjoyed your song.

Writing music is writing music, whether you do it with an 8 bit system or an orchestra. As long as it sounds enjoyable, it's worthwhile.
                  And I enjoyed the song.

Comment

^ good call maybe I was a little harsh, object of music is entertainment so if people out there like it then hey why not

Comment

^ good call maybe I was a little harsh, object of music is entertainment so if people out there like it then hey why not

Music stirs emotion, this stirred yours - I wouldnt worry about being harsh. Your opinion is as valid as anyones, and at least you listened and commented.

Comment

its a valid opinion, and thats what I wanted, opinions. However, I'm just wondering why you see an issue with 8bit nintendo music

Comment

Presumably because it's incredibly dated and was never very good?

Comment

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
                            well yeah I understand that, now. I should've said "was wondering" in my earlier post.

Comment

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
                              +1

Originally posted by cream123 View Post
                              its a valid opinion, and thats what I wanted, opinions. However, I'm just wondering why you see an issue with 8bit nintendo music
                              you serious? I never liked 8bit nintendo "music". it was better than no music like 4bit atari with pong, but we would have turned the "music" off except that we could not hear the video game effects.

Now I have a few questions for you:
                              1) You have 4 threads in tipsnclips. is this enough? I dont think it is spam? do you think it is helping tipsnclips forum? are you contributing to the community here? and how? I am sure you are in some way, just wonderin'
                              2) your 16 and want to be a music major in college right?
                              hmm...

Comment

Working...
                              X