Some metalcore song...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some metalcore song...

Just recorded a metalcore song (with my new Invader SH-8) and I thought I might share it with you (mainly get some feedback). The guitar I recorded through Guitar Rig 3 and the drums are Superior Drummer 2.0 (I know, there's no bass guitar ). So, what do you guys think?
    Listen!

Re: Some metalcore song...

the drums are buried, the guitar has tremolo/vibrato on the distortion? you would get a more defined chug with less distortion, turn down the gain. did you use any compression on the guitars? you should. in all, cool riffs, could use some doctoring up on the recordingz...

Comment

Yeah, some cool riffs and ideas.
      But like I said before on here, it's nice when people who want feedback also post feedback on other things in this section. Rather than just signing up and posting their song.

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
        Yeah, some cool riffs and ideas.
        But like I said before on here, it's nice when people who want feedback also post feedback on other things in this section. Rather than just signing up and posting their song.
        Thanks for your feedback. But if you look at my join date you'll see I've only been a member for a few days...

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
          the drums are buried, the guitar has tremolo/vibrato on the distortion? you would get a more defined chug with less distortion, turn down the gain. did you use any compression on the guitars? you should. in all, cool riffs, could use some doctoring up on the recordingz...
          +1

got some cool riffs and ideas but the guitars could use a bit more definition, as he said lowering down the gain would help allot, comp i found is a def must for recording this type of music, and maybe try EQ'ing it a bit differently so you are able to hear the chug and cuts from the picking when you do palm muting, especially with busy work, you want it to sound huge but still things need too sound clear and precise otherwise things sound a bit lost in the mix
          C-Martin Recordings
          My Soundclick page

Comment

Working...
          X