banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Recording, LoG Descending Cover with the Mark IV!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Recording, LoG Descending Cover with the Mark IV!

First off thanks for all the cool comments and tips on my last clip i posted. Since i'm having so much fun doing this i decided to try one of my favorite LoG songs next with same setup which is my Mesa Mark IV, my new charvel san dimas (Duncan JB/59) and a good old MD421, the only pedals i used was my carbon copy delay for the lead part as usual, the rest is just the amp and so far i don't see or feel the need to add anything else this thing just sounds amazing! Again i wasn't going for a 100% reproduction of their sound, in fact this one sounds alot different but imo i think its one of the best souding ones so far. Used some of the tips i was given here and i used both Pro Tools and Audition 3 to edit and run the whole thing trough a multi band compressor and do the dynamic EQ FX in the intro.. i really hate how soundclick compresses files down to 128 bit.. it seriously sounds better in wave or 320k allot clearer and more definition and detailed, but i guess its cool since its free. I played all guitars of course and the rest is LoG Producer Edition tracks, let me know what you think!

Instrumental version: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7405302

Full band version: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7405313
    Last edited by C-Martin; 03-08-2009, 11:39 AM.
    C-Martin Recordings
    My Soundclick page

Re: New Recording, LoG Descending Cover with the Mark IV!

pretty awesome. I love mixing and recording stuff too, I cant get enough of it right now. as far as the mix goes you nailed it. You might want a little more compression to get more djent chug - that may help - all things considered regarding open back cab - but that is just nitpicking, sounds great. if you posted in the sneap forums you might have fun with this song and feedback and whatnot too.

Comment

i dig it.
      ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
      2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
      Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
        pretty awesome. I love mixing and recording stuff too, I cant get enough of it right now. as far as the mix goes you nailed it. You might want a little more compression to get more djent chug - that may help - all things considered regarding open back cab - but that is just nitpicking, sounds great. if you posted in the sneap forums you might have fun with this song and feedback and whatnot too.
        cool, ill have to check that out.. and yea i would probably win some tightness if i got myself a cab but for now i'm quite happy with how this thing sounds just as is, stock and no mods.. may get an evm-12l for it eventually and try other tubes but for now i really love how i can just plug in no pedals or nothing just guitar and amp and it sounds great and huge. Im used to amps needing boost or pedals and stuff to get to the sound you want and altho i really dig my marshall especially for lead tones this combo is quickly becoming my fav amp for rhythm and more heavy kind of music.. cleans are also better than my marshall, altho for solos and stuff i prefer my marshall.
        C-Martin Recordings
        My Soundclick page

Comment

way cool man its the holy grail of tone, your playing is worthy of this amp, portable versatile awesome tone in a box, can show up to gigs with a guitar case in one hand, amp in the other if you can carry 75lbs in one hand, sounds great in the clip too, dont let anyone tell ya different...

Comment

sounds awesome

Comment

Man that sounds awesome.

I would put lead on that. Heavy fast lead. Tapping, sweeps, alternate picking mayhem. Multiple guitars, multiple pans. Guitar Solo wars.

Very heavy stuff man. love it.

Are those drums recorded, or is it a drum machine? They sound amazing. So tight - man how do people play drums that tight? It's a whole new thing to me - all that kick pedal work and snare work.
              my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
              A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Thanks for the cool comments, and the drummer is Chris Adler, drummer from LoG. Except for the guitars which i've recorded, the rest are the production edition files form the sacrament album. He is indeed one of the best metal drummers out there imo, hes my favorite for this type of music.
                C-Martin Recordings
                My Soundclick page

Comment

Working...
                X